No announcement yet.

DIY Aoudad Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not many. I think there were 12 of us that got drawn out of almost 4000 applicants.

Comment

I was on the 1/24 hunt. Averaged 8 miles a day and only saw 4 aoudad total. One compartment killed a ton, some got nothing, some got a few

Comment

Ram

first Ram! got this one at My cousins semi low fenced place by del rio last month! he is at the Taxi. had some real good chaps
        Attached Files

Comment

Any advice on hunting Amistad zone 4? Ill be out there Jan/Feb 2020

Comment

Originally posted by JGoldsmith View Post
            Any advice on hunting Amistad zone 4? Ill be out there Jan/Feb 2020
            Find a nice trail with lots of fresh poo (be sure it's Aoudad and not goats or sheep) and sit on it. Don't go trying to drive the Aoudad around, and please not in extra doe season when there's deer hunters still in there. Sometimes you can see them on the shoreline and figure out which direction they're heading and cut them off. Pass them up like you don't see them and land way out of sight and wait on a ridge for them to make their way to you.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Find a nice trail with lots of fresh poo (be sure it's Aoudad and not goats or sheep) and sit on it. Don't go trying to drive the Aoudad around, and please not in extra doe season when there's deer hunters still in there. Sometimes you can see them on the shoreline and figure out which direction they're heading and cut them off. Pass them up like you don't see them and land way out of sight and wait on a ridge for them to make their way to you.
              How tough is Amistad to paddle? I have a canoe but that lake is huge and I'm apprehensive about going down there in late january.

Comment

Originally posted by smackey8892 View Post
                How tough is Amistad to paddle? I have a canoe but that lake is huge and I'm apprehensive about going down there in late january.
                If you're careful with weather and wind and which campsite you stay at according to both it's doable. One of my friends I met him for the first time when he came paddling up to 277N with a mouflon draped over his kayak.

Comment

I've seen some places in the hill country advertise for around $100 a day with a $700-800 trophy fee.

Comment

Working...
                  X