No announcement yet.

Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided I was done with this latest BS. I watch football to see a game not activism. The cowboys couldn't honor the five LEOs killed in Dallas at a BLM protest by a BLM member but they can put BLM on their helmet and honor an accused rapist? All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....and tonight I am watching hunting shows instead of the cowboys.

Comment

Yup, I quit watching nfl a couple of years ago. College ball was what I really enjoyed. You want to watch a real sport, tune in to PBR on CBSSN. Nobody's names on their hats or locking arms and singing "Kumbaya". And where everyone stands for the National Anthem. I'm out.
      Attached Files

Comment

Well,let's see..Pro ball players have commited murder,rape's,sold illegal drugs,hit & run's,and child abuse.Now they're kneeling during the national anthem,with felon's names on their helmet's..I guess if I haven't stopped watching the NFL by now,I probably wont.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat
          If you watch them then you are supporting them but if you’re too stupid to understand that then you shouldn’t be responding. You troll a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I LOL'd

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
          I decided I was done with this latest BS. I watch football to see a game not activism. The cowboys couldn't honor the five LEOs killed in Dallas at a BLM protest by a BLM member but they can put BLM on their helmet and honor an accused rapist? All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....and tonight I am watching hunting shows instead of the cowboys.
          Lots of folks have forgotten this!

Comment

Nfl

Nfl=not for long

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
              Well,let's see..Pro ball players have commited murder,rape's,sold illegal drugs,hit & run's,and child abuse.Now they're kneeling during the national anthem,with felon's names on their helmet's..I guess if I haven't stopped watching the NFL by now,I probably wont.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
              I was just wondering if they came out and fundraised for the players defense for beating their wife/girlfriend...or said they were ok with the rape of children and had something on their helmets to show that...

But I guess we got the answer..Which is, I like football and nothing else matters. And that's fine. I was just curious if there was a line to be drawn in the sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Nothing. I separate my sports / entertainment from my beliefs. I don’t mix the two.
                The NFL has mixed the two. It’s in their name. National FOOTBALL League.

Comment

I didnt watch, and I love football. It sucked, but I have found that my life has been full of denying myself, in order to do the right thing, which sucks...

Whatever happened to the cowboys and texans 2020 threads? Just out of curiosity...

Comment

WithALL Sports when the" Pull Those Million Dollar Pay checks" From Kneelers and Boycotters .. I might consider watchin again

Comment

Football and golf are the only two sports that I really watch and pay attention too so it would take a lot to make me stop watching. I don't agree with how they are handling things but it has not personally affected my life. If they made me buy certain shirts/hats and agree and support their belief then I would stop watching/supporting the NFL. Until they make me do that or support something that I don't agree with I will watch.

To me, it's comparable to the President of the United States. I don't own a small business but I make decent money and pay my taxes. With that being said no President since I have been alive (I'm 27) has changed the way I live my life or affected me personally. Now, I know this is dangerous thinking because it is a slippery slope and eventually this could change, but to me I just keep on going and until it changes my day to day life I don't get too worked up.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                        Football and golf are the only two sports that I really watch and pay attention too so it would take a lot to make me stop watching. I don't agree with how they are handling things but it has not personally affected my life. If they made me buy certain shirts/hats and agree and support their belief then I would stop watching/supporting the NFL. Until they make me do that or support something that I don't agree with I will watch.

To me, it's comparable to the President of the United States. I don't own a small business but I make decent money and pay my taxes. With that being said no President since I have been alive (I'm 27) has changed the way I live my life or affected me personally. Now, I know this is dangerous thinking because it is a slippery slope and eventually this could change, but to me I just keep on going and until it changes my day to day life I don't get too worked up.
                        If you paid attention to these politicians you would realize they all have a day to day affect on your life.
                        Yo

Comment

Imagine your a cop providing security at a stadium for the billionaire and millionaires and they all slap you in the face with blatant disrespect by wearing the names of people who tried to kill you or one of your brothers and sisters in blue.

Comment

Had an interesting conversation about this Saturday night. Wife and I went to dinner with my buddy and his girlfriend. He is an Army Vet, fought in Iraq, and hates all the social justice stuff happening in sports. He said as bad as he wants to turn off sports he cannot physically do it. It is his only outlet. This is the guy I attend pretty much all sporting events with so I know how much he loves it.

Was a little strange though. He looked ashamed when he told me that. For him I don't think anything could make him give it up.

Comment

I watched the cowboys lastnite and felt uneasy doing it. Everytime I saw the crap on their helmets and thought about when the cowboys were told they couldnt put the ambushed police on their helmets a few years ago or that Tebow couldnt wear scripture or kneel to pray, it made me sick to my stomach. I may watch the cowboys again but it wont be soon, I felt like a traitor to my beliefs.

Comment

I tried to watch 2 games yesterday. Unfortunately during both games there were political messages shared that I disagreed with, so I turned the channel to bow hunting.

It is strange that watching football, gave me some sense of "normalcy"... until the political messages brought me back to the new reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X