Oil Pressure Sensor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an 04 Silverado 5.3, earlier this week sensor was all over the place. I decided to give it a try. However I could retrieve the oil pressure screen, I tried for a while. Tried different things as well to include dropping a new one in. Any thoughts?? Did this year not have a screen??

Used a philips screw driver that would barely fit the new screen to jam into old one and pulled right out. Might have been luck. Because everything about changing the sensor in my 2009 Tahoe was a PITA!!!

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by muley4x4 View Post
      I have an 04 Silverado 5.3, earlier this week sensor was all over the place. I decided to give it a try. However I could retrieve the oil pressure screen, I tried for a while. Tried different things as well to include dropping a new one in. Any thoughts?? Did this year not have a screen??

I couldn’t get it out.

Comment

Doesn’t this sensor screw in at the top and back of the block behind the breather? I have replaced one on a 2005 and 2006 5.3l. They have two wires connected to them and a socket will take it out. You will not be able to see it you will feel your way.

Comment

I have a 07 with the 4.8 and no screen on it, i had no pressure for a month before i got tired of the messages in the dash

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
            Doesn’t this sensor screw in at the top and back of the block behind the breather? I have replaced one on a 2005 and 2006 5.3l. They have two wires connected to them and a socket will take it out. You will not be able to see it you will feel your way.
            Mine did on an 2008 Tahoe

BP

Comment

I had the same issue on a '13 5.3. Looked like a PITA to change out so I just changed the oil two times within a thousand miles and it never happened again.

Comment

My little bro puts a couple quarts of diesel in the crank case and runs it for about 20 miles. Cleans out all the ports and makes em good as new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got the sensor changed out. That was easy however getting the screen out was impossible I tried. Just checking if someone knew if this model maybe didn’t have the screen.

Comment

Not sure about a screen but I’ve had 3-4 sensors replaced. Works for about 6 months then just pegs out at 80psi. Don’t like not having a working gauge but I’m tired of changing them out.

This is on an ‘04 5.3L as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Chevrolet dealer in Pampa Texas replaced mine several years ago (allegedly) despite me telling them that I thought it needed an oil pump. After driving it off the lot and for about thirty minutes, oil pressure dropped to Zero and trashed the motor.

So make sure it is not an actual oil pressure issue and not in need of an oil pump.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                        Chevrolet dealer in Pampa Texas replaced mine several years ago (allegedly) despite me telling them that I thought it needed an oil pump. After driving it off the lot and for about thirty minutes, oil pressure dropped to Zero and trashed the motor.

So make sure it is not an actual oil pressure issue and not in need of an oil pump.
                        Drove it all day and it stayed between 20-60. Seems to be working as it should.

Comment

Working...
                        X