No announcement yet.

Leon County property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like there are two proposed segments and they have shifted one of them to run right along 45 in Leon Co. I hunt just north of Leon Co and agree that if they want to do this, put it along 45. Just as long as they don't take away Rancho Viejo in Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
      who the hell flies to dallas from houston....just dumb imo
      Southwest sell tickets for $49

Comment

Not true

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        Not to be "that" guy but unless you are willing to go out there with a rifle and die for your land, they are gonna build what they want to build and where they want to. Either of your dead body or not. Just look at the 99 toll road they recently finished around Houston.
        Do a little research on the guy "Monty Bennet" that blocked the water line from Lake Palestine and pretty much made the city of Dallas kick rocks and have to go all the way around his Property. Just get a permit and put a family cemetery on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
          MY place is about 1 mile from one proposed route that goes thru an already existing power line easement about 1/2 way between Madisonville and North Zulch.
          I thought TEXAS passed or tried to pass a law that did not allow private companies to use the power of eminent domain to take property. Grimes county was on the news recently. They do no want this to happen.

This is the place to go if you want to help.

http://www.texansagainsthsr.com/
          I have friend with a place near Iola who has the powerline on his land. He says the train is gonna come thru on the easement and there is nothing he can do since the powerline dirt is already owned.??

Comment

You sure the offer didn't come from some opportunistic individual in anticipation of the much higher offer you'll get from the actual company? That'd be my first thought if it came in so low.

Comment

To the OP, do you know what your State Representative's position is on the railroad? You may try giving him a call. If he's against it you'll at least have strength in numbers.

Comment

I’m not for this rail happening, but anyone who thinks people won’t use it are clueless. Dallas to Houston in under 90 minutes, Dallas to College Station even quicker. Southwest has flights going between Dallas and Houston 24/7 and every one of them is packed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                  Is there anywhere or anything we can do to wage a protest against this? I just think this is just another political money/land grab that's simply going to favor politicians and their friends, and it's not going to work without tax dollars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Dont ask any Indians, they went through something similar

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                    Dont ask any Indians, they went through something similar

Yeah that's supposed to be the difference in having a government of, by and for the people. Not sure it's working that way though, but I'm going to holler about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      I’m not for this rail happening, but anyone who thinks people won’t use it are clueless. Dallas to Houston in under 90 minutes, Dallas to College Station even quicker. Southwest has flights going between Dallas and Houston 24/7 and every one of them is packed.
                      Heard the price?. Then rent a car to get around town?
                      What about my dog, luggage and kids ? There is a reason lots of us prefer 4 door trucks and suvs as our vehicles of choice.

Tax payers are going to end up paying for this fiasco
                      If it gets off the ground.

BP

Comment

Nearly 50,000 Texans, sometimes called “super-commuters,” travel back and forth between Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth more than once a week. Many others make the trip very regularly...I don't think it will be an unused high speed rail. I still don't like it tho

Comment

Google Mumford TX rail yard, They do what they want.

Comment

My place is less than a mile from proposed route. I went to a meeting in Leon county when it was getting kicked off. A group headed by county judge from Grimes County is spearheading the fight. It is called Texans against High Speed Rail. I heard one guy in Leon County filed a lawsuit against the rail company.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                              My place is less than a mile from proposed route. I went to a meeting in Leon county when it was getting kicked off. A group headed by county judge from Grimes County is spearheading the fight. It is called Texans against High Speed Rail. I heard one guy in Leon County filed a lawsuit against the rail company.
                              Good. I’m glad people aren’t taking this lying down. The only ones that can really help stop this are the landowners.

Comment

So please explain to me how a train will ruin hunting.
                                I've seen wildlife run to a train track that drops a bit a grain right after the train goes by.
                                And why is a safe/fast commute between 2 huge cities bad.
                                Some of the worst wrecks I've ever seen have been on that road

Comment

Working...
                                X