Nexlink Tower Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
    I have a client getting $3,000 a month for a cell phone tower site with escalation clauses in the contract. It's huge, but every time I drive by, I think "there goes a mortgage payment."

They will also probably sublease space and make money off their own tower, FYI. You should get a cut.
    I wouldnt have even asked about it if they offered me this

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
      I have a client getting $3,000 a month for a cell phone tower site with escalation clauses in the contract. It's huge, but every time I drive by, I think "there goes a mortgage payment."

They will also probably sublease space and make money off their own tower, FYI. You should get a cut.
      If they are building a tower capable of subleasing space, then yeah, he is definitely getting the shaft. I would guess this is not the case.
      People who build towers, with the intention of subleasing, are usually going to be talking about a 10-40 yr lease contract, and it will grandfather even if you sale the land.
      It can be a negative if you do decide to sale. A lot of people aren't interested in having a tower on their land.

Comment

Free wifi sounds like some bs to me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

How’d the conversation go?

Comment

Wanted to bring this back up to the top. Talked to nextlink today about them wanting to put a tower on my land. This was after I called them and couldn’t get their internet at my house due obstructions. OP how did this go for you and anyone else have nextlink towers?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
              Wanted to bring this back up to the top. Talked to nextlink today about them wanting to put a tower on my land. This was after I called them and couldn’t get their internet at my house due obstructions. OP how did this go for you and anyone else have nextlink towers?
              I've built a bunch for them in the beginning .
              In for OPs response as well.
              Curious what agreement ya'll came to.

Comment

Nextlink is putting up a tower on my place right now. Just poured the base yesterday, tower goes up next week. Built our house 15 years ago and looking forward to finally getting internet service.

Comment

I would say it ended up well for myself. They came in and put the tower in and I had great WiFi for free! If you go in with just that expectation then you will be happy. I had them install rock driveway to the tower but that was not a great job but again overall happy with free WiFi and it’s there top package with super speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                    I would say it ended up well for myself. They came in and put the tower in and I had great WiFi for free! If you go in with just that expectation then you will be happy. I had them install rock driveway to the tower but that was not a great job but again overall happy with free WiFi and it’s there top package with super speeds.
                    Good deal

Comment

I wouldn't want the blinking strobe on top, at night, anywhere near my place.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                        I wouldn't want the blinking strobe on top, at night, anywhere near my place.
                        Only needed in certain circumstances or over 200ft.
                        If I had to guess very few, to none of these towers will have them.

Comment

My wife has a family member who has a bunch of land around Beeville. He had a tower on the edge of his property, close to the highway that he was getting $800 a month for 20 years ago.

Lots of things to think about and probably would involve an attorney if it were my property.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                            Nextlink is putting up a tower on my place right now. Just poured the base yesterday, tower goes up next week. Built our house 15 years ago and looking forward to finally getting internet service.
                            Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                            We are just looking into it. Haven’t agreed to anything but is this the same thing y’all are getting? 150ft tower on a 15x15 concrete pad. And free 100mbps internet and equipment with 20year contract?

My question is what happens after this 20 years and contract is up or in 5 years when the tech is outdated and not being used anymore. Will they tear down the tower or what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              We are just looking into it. Haven’t agreed to anything but is this the same thing y’all are getting? 150ft tower on a 15x15 concrete pad. And free 100mbps internet and equipment with 20year contract?

My question is what happens after this 20 years and contract is up or in 5 years when the tech is outdated and not being used anymore. Will they tear down the tower or what happens.
                              Thats what we are getting. Contract has some language in it regarding failure to provide service on there part and the tower being removed if we want it removed. After 20 years if the tower is still there and operational (which I doubt it will be) we would have the option to non-renew and they would be obligated to take the tower down.

We have had horrible (at best) internet service out here at our house since we built 15 yrs ago, so to get quality inernet speed and having a tower on one corner of the place, that I will hardly be able to see from the house is all it will cost........Im in.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                                Thats what we are getting. Contract has some language in it regarding failure to provide service on there part and the tower being removed if we want it removed. After 20 years if the tower is still there and operational (which I doubt it will be) we would have the option to non-renew and they would be obligated to take the tower down.

We have had horrible (at best) internet service out here at our house since we built 15 yrs ago, so to get quality inernet speed and having a tower on one corner of the place, that I will hardly be able to see from the house is all it will cost........Im in.
                                That’s us. We built just over a year ago and have to have a Wilson booster just for phone service and we don’t have any internet that can reach us. All options require me putting up a 50ft tower just to get signal. The only thing I worry is we only have 10 acres so not sure where I would put the tower and it not be an eyesore.

Comment

Working...
                                X