No announcement yet.

Business Owners..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, an LLC does not offer any real protection from liability if you're a "one man shop". That is, if you are the sole owner, from a liability stand-point there's no difference between registering as an LLC or a sole proprietor.

If you have multiple owners, that's a different story.

Comment

[quote=lnester;13352335]FYI, an LLC does not offer any real protection from liability if you're a "one man shop". That is, if you are the sole owner, from a liability stand-point there's no difference between registering as an LLC or a sole proprietor.

If you have multiple owners, that's a different story.[/quote

Comment

Limited Liability.........huh....exact reason I've had them, personal assets protected unless criminally negligence

Comment

Back to the top on this subject...

Any of you guys that have an LLC sell your product out of state? Do you have to have an LLC in each state you do business in?

Comment

Dont do either.

Do a CASH business

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              Dont do either.

Do a CASH business
              Lol, wish it was that easy

Comment

LLC is the best option in my opinion.

Comment

A corporation offers protection and tax benefits. In the future is it easier to sale or diversify.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                    Back to the top on this subject...

Any of you guys that have an LLC sell your product out of state? Do you have to have an LLC in each state you do business in?
                    You don't want an llc in each state. Look into the topic of nexus for each state as it relates to taxes. Having a certain amount of presence in other states opens the door to having to file income tax in those states based on the amount of sales made in said state. You want to be i your home state and have people seek you out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I switched my ffl his from dba to llc last year...mostly to mitigate risk.

Comment

Business Owners..

After reading this, I remember why I didn’t comment on it the first time....[emoji849][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

OP, I hope your side gig has been successful despite all the confusing advice you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          I was told to just file a DBA with the county and the state (should protect the name), if it starts making some money then set up an LLC
                          Whether the business makes money or not the whole purpose of the LLC is to separate personal assets from business assets and do not co-mingle the two

Comment

LLC is piece of cake 5 minutes on secretary of state websir

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              After reading this, I remember why I didn’t comment on it the first time....[emoji849][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

OP, I hope your side gig has been successful despite all the confusing advice you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I missed it first go around. As I was reading through i was thinking there is some horrible advise and odd moves made by some in here. Hope he didn't go any ofnthose routes. Ha.

Comment

I did a llc on my one man business. After going over it with my lawyer .

Comment

Working...
                                X