Taking the AR one step further.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
    They definitely aren't, plenty of videos out there on how accurate they can be at 100 yards to some guy that has never shot one.

I’ve shot one. If a crossbow is sighted in for 100 yards, anyone who’s a decent shot with a rifle would be able to hit the target. Can’t say the same with a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunt pigs, rabbits and whatever else has no closed season with whatever weapon you want when you want but deer need season and weapons restrictions, go back 100 years and see what happened in this area without them.

Comment

Hunt pigs, rabbits and whatever else has no closed season with whatever weapon you want when you want but deer need season and weapons restrictions, go back 100 years and see what happened in this area without them.

You’ve confused me with what you’ve written. Clarify please? Sounds like you might be from California or some other liberal state with that “weapons restriction” BS.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          Shortening the rifle season would be great. I would love for rifle season to miss the rut in my counties.
          This!

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
            As is a recurve/longbow vs. compound. I remember when I first got a compound back in the 70’s, you’d thought I’d struck a deal with the devil himself when older bow hunters looked at me with the evil eye.

I’m just saying to much whining going on when people should just be out hunting and stop giving “unlike” minds more ammunition to take away hunting rights.

I’ve hunted with pistol, recurve, compound, shotgun, rifle, crossbow, black powder (flintlock, percussion, in-line) and about the only thing I haven’t is a spear or knife. Before long some of these guys will be telling you that you must wear red underwear, backwards and a certain stain facing to the front.

Lmao. I don’t think there’s any whining going on from the people such as myself interested in hearing other people’s ideas. I’m certainly not whining, I’m very glad to be a Texan and have the option to hunt our public lands for free where you have the possibility of shooting a big deer if you work for it, as well as driving out to west Texas and pay someone to let me sit in a heated box blind with my rifle where I can shoot whatever my heart desires and wallet desires. I think if someone is on this site as an undercover anti hunter looking for good arguments to ruin hunting, they’ve probably converted by now. Or they’ve been in one of those Q threads

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
              Lmao. I don’t think there’s any whining going on from the people such as myself interested in hearing other people’s ideas. I’m certainly not whining, I’m very glad to be a Texan and have the option to hunt our public lands for free where you have the possibility of shooting a big deer if you work for it, as well as driving out to west Texas and pay someone to let me sit in a heated box blind with my rifle where I can shoot whatever my heart desires and wallet desires. I think if someone is on this site as an undercover anti hunter looking for good arguments to ruin hunting, they’ve probably converted by now. Or they’ve been in one of those Q threads

Traditional or Compound?

Public lands vs. paid lease. I don’t believe he was talking public land when OP first posted. There are a lot of extra regulations to hunt public lands and probably something I would not want to anymore after my last encounter with other hunters over 30-years ago.

Last edited by DFWPI; 11-16-2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

You think you should be allowed to hunt deer with thermal or night vision? The tech is out there for remote controlled hunting 10 years ago. As was stated before some point the line must be drawn.

Comment

You think you should be allowed to hunt deer with thermal or night vision? The tech is out there for remote controlled hunting 10 years ago. As was stated before some point the line must be drawn.

What the heck are you talking about? That’s not really not hunting, better to call that just shooting animals. But I better just leave that there because that is just totally off the wall there bud.

Comment

Shortening the rifle season would be a big no for me. I work my *** off on our lease year around mainly so that my parents, wife, and kids can have success come fall. I usually kill my deer in bow season, then spend rifle season guiding them. Rifle season is only 9 weekends long as is. On a good year, my parent can make it to the lease maybe three or four weekends due to work responsibilities. If the season was shorter, my Father would no doubt get off of the lease since the cost would not be worth it. For me, I would probably do the same as the reward would not be worth the cost, time, and effort year around.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                      Traditional or Compound?

Public lands vs. paid lease. I don’t believe he was talking public land when OP first posted. There are a lot of extra regulations to hunt public lands and probably something I would not want to anymore after my last encounter with other hunters over 30-years ago.

Not sure why you’re asking about compounds and traditional again. No he wasn’t, I injected that into the conversation to convey my appreciation of the varying means and methods in which you can chase deer in Texas. Hunting public land isn’t any more difficult I’ll access wise than buying orange and your APH which isn’t always needed.

Comment

If archery is changed it should be 0% let off and no sights for “Archery only” season. Everything else General Season.

How many agree? That was what it was at one time. Let people bring what they want and get in the woods and hunt. You want bigger deer and don’t want folks shooting them. Go work more and spend the $$ on a larger place.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          Shortening the rifle season would be great. I would love for rifle season to miss the rut in my counties.
                          ditto

Comment

I’m not in favor of giving anymore power to tpwd. I have never been able to vote on anything they send down the pipe. I just have to accept that someone sitting behind a desk in Austin knows what’s best for my deer herd and puts it in a book.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Shorter rifle season? Y’all are gonna start with the elitist bow hunter BS now?
                              Yes! Thank you. I swear some bowhunters really **** me off with that mentality.

How about we pull the rug out from underneath them and have a 4-month state wide general season? Keeping antler restrictions in place but make some of these counties 1 buck only.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                Yes! Thank you. I swear some bowhunters really **** me off with that mentality.

How about we pull the rug out from underneath them and have a 4-month state wide general season? Keeping antler restrictions in place but make some of these counties 1 buck only.
                                I would be fine with going to 1 >13" buck for adults, and like the idea of youth being given a little more slack on spikes and <13" deer. but I am also not a guy that feels like I need to kill something every year. ive only killed 4 bucks in the last 10 years, some years I just don't see anything I feel like killing.

Comment

Working...
                                X