• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google says they weigh about 15 ounces. I don’t think that’s too heavy

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I’m just waiting to find one in stock at a local blue label dealer. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Love my 43 - great shooter and EDC. I did happen to get my blue box at Carroll’s Gun Shop but that was some time ago. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
        For the guys who carry the p938 Sig, have y'all had good luck out of them as far as reliability? Had two different buddies bring them out to my house to shoot. They couldn't go through a magazine without a failure. Especially with hollow points.
        The only time mine has an ejection issue is when my daughters shoot it. They limp wrist it. They also limp wrist my M18 and 1911. If you don't keep your muzzle down, they will have an ejection issue. I just put 10 or 12 mags through my 938 about 5 days ago with zero issues. I've put about 1000 rounds through it in four years and I've only had one ejection issue early on, and yes, I was limp wristing it. Common problem with small autos.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
          The only time mine has an ejection issue is when my daughters shoot it. They limp wrist it. They also limp wrist my M18 and 1911. If you don't keep your muzzle down, they will have an ejection issue. I just put 10 or 12 mags through my 938 about 5 days ago with zero issues. I've put about 1000 rounds through it in four years and I've only had one ejection issue early on, and yes, I was limp wristing it. Common problem with small autos.
          Yep, this is almost always the issue.

Comment

I also carry a G43/G26, so no help on that front but this looks like a sweet shooter if you're a 1911 guy. I always tell my novice shooting friends to not carry anything with a manual safety, adrenaline will be pumping a ton, and remembering that extra step, might not happen. I've missed more than a couple doves because of that out in the field, and pulling a pistol on a person has to be about 100x adrenaline to that. But if you train a lot, a 1911 looks like a fine carry piece.

Comment

I carried a colt Concealed Carry Officers model for a long time. Stainless slide, alloy frame. If i remember correctly it was 32 ounces loaded. 4 1/8" barrel, officer grip length. 2 reasons i sold it were 7 rnd capacity, and i like to shoot a lot and was worried about the alloy frame. Probably wouldn't in my lifetime though. Carried a Glock 23 for a long time, no issues 3:00 carry outside waistband with a #5 holster, cant remember galco or bianchi. Its not a full coverage holster, but it is well broken in, and i can wear it all day and hardly notice.
              Got stolen, and i replaced it with a G22. Bigger by .4" both directions, but 2 more rounds (15).
              Replaced the CCO with a Kimber full size Eclipse custom II. I dont carry it, but i could. I dont worry about shooting volume, dont shoot enough with fighting cancer.

Comment

I carry the Kimber Micro 9 everyday and love it. The feel is great and it's light enough to where i can carry all day with no issues. I couple it with a Crossbreed IWB holster with 1 extra mag. Plus its a dang fine looking pistol.

Comment

My wife also carries the Sig p238 and she LOVES IT! Another Vote for the p238.

Comment

The only issue I've had with my 938 is with Sig hollow points of all things. They had real wide mouthed bullets and wouldn't feed at all, not even racking the slide. Everything else has been flawless.

Comment

I went and looked at quite a few at a gun shop today. They didnt have the kimber but I did see the Springfield 911. That was my favorite. I also like the sig p938 a lot but I think I like the grip on the Springfield better. Our shop lets people rent guns a lot of times so I will probly try to shoot one or two before I decide for sure.

Thanks for the help guys. I had a glock before and I really liked it but I have always wanted a 1911. I thought why not get one for my everyday carry.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                        I carry the Kimber Micro 9 everyday and love it. The feel is great and it's light enough to where i can carry all day with no issues. I couple it with a Crossbreed IWB holster with 1 extra mag. Plus its a dang fine looking pistol.
                        I also carry a Kimber Micro 9. I suggest an extended mag.It shoots good and have never had the first problem.

Comment

I have the lightweight commander that I carry. For as heavy as it is it conceals decent.

Comment

I switch between my Glock 48 and my SIG p365. Actually carry the SIG more due to more rounds available.
                            Been looking at the Kimber 1911’s just to have but probably won’t carry it daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been a 1911 guy since I carried it in the Marines.
                              Have been shooting and carrying a 1911 since 1990.

Not until the last 3 yrs have I even thought to carry anything else.
                              Why- REPETITION, Muscle Memory and knowing that the 1911 does the job.

I periodically carry a Glock 22 (.40S&W caliber )

But I still prefer to carry my 1911s

I carry a full sized 5” Kimber TLE or my TLE RL

Here are a few pics of my most common carry.
                              - BELLY BAND
                              Keeps it off the hips .

https://pichost.net/img/2TgCB

and

https://pichost.net/img/2TdNQ

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
                                I went and looked at quite a few at a gun shop today. They didnt have the kimber but I did see the Springfield 911. That was my favorite. I also like the sig p938 a lot but I think I like the grip on the Springfield better. Our shop lets people rent guns a lot of times so I will probly try to shoot one or two before I decide for sure.

Thanks for the help guys. I had a glock before and I really liked it but I have always wanted a 1911. I thought why not get one for my everyday carry.

Rick
                                I bought the Houge grips for my 911, great upgrade. The factory ones are cool looking and function great but they are shop on bare skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X