This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
    Texas has close to everybody retuning and LSU lost the majority including the architect of the offense. LSU will also lose its home crowd advantage due to attendance.

Does Texas win this one on the road this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't see the game being played. It is a shame too. I think Teas would play them close until the end, much like what we saw in Austin last year.

If we get any football at all, I think it will be conference only and delayed until October. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
      Texas has close to everybody retuning and LSU lost the majority including the architect of the offense. LSU will also lose its home crowd advantage due to attendance.

Does Texas win this one on the road this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If played, I think it's a game that could fool everyone and be a completely opposite from the gunslinger finish that occurred in Austin last year.

In other news... Phil Steele has the Ags as a top 5 team. He has LSU at 6 and Texas at 12.
      Last edited by Chad C; 07-20-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        While we are comparing apples to apples 2005 and 2009...
        Not 1939...
        2009? Second is the first loser. I’ll give ya the Vince Young Trophy in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          2009? Second is the first loser. I’ll give ya the Vince Young Trophy in 2005.
          Don't forget 2008. Basically tied with Florida. Robbed of a title ****. In the current systems Texas and Florida would play for the championship.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

When you get beat by Tech you don’t deserve to play in the title game.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Don't forget 2008. Basically tied with Florida. Robbed of a title ****. In the current systems Texas and Florida would play for the championship.
              There’s another title for y’all...”Most Robbed”!!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                When you get beat by Tech you don’t deserve to play in the title game.
                Ouch!!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                  Ouch!!
                  The ouch is that the Big 12 south was the toughest division that year. Texas had the toughest 4 game stretch in history. OU, Tech, OSU and Missouri all top 11. Aggy wasn't a part of any of that. [emoji38]

Comment

No excuses. Heismond is primed for a playoff run.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      No excuses. Heismond is primed for a playoff run.

Unless our Alumni or Fisher pulls Mond.....Aggie football will not be watched on my property!!!
                      He’s a disgrace

Comment

Pre-season rankings are funny. Are we ranking the "best" teams or are we ranking teams where we *think* they could end up by mid to late season?

Aggies for instance: could certainly find themselves ranked in the top 5 due to their back-loaded schedule. However, does anyone actually believe Aggies could beat any of the other teams listed on that top 15?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                          Pre-season rankings are funny. Are we ranking the "best" teams or are we ranking teams where we *think* they could end up by mid to late season?

Aggies for instance: could certainly find themselves ranked in the top 5 due to their back-loaded schedule. However, does anyone actually believe Aggies could beat any of the other teams listed on that top 15?
                          We would take 11, 12, 14, and 15 to the woodshed!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post

They are also used to sell magazines and get eye balls on them. Some programs are needle movers so being over ranked or under ranked brings in the cash.

A lot of money in this world is made by people pandering to a fan base and feeding them with the info they want to hear.

Comment

I think 7 - 10 would be good games also

If Mond can get a little protection from the o-line that would hopefully improve his accuracy - and get him to run more - and to be a whole different person.

Those three things would help

Comment

Texas sent out an email to season ticket holders this morning. Looks like they are planning for 50% capacity and trying to get a feel for what people are going to do. We had a survey to fill out and they would be back in touch in the middle of August.

* 2020 Season tickets will more than likely move from current seat locations, they will do their best to try to get you close to your season tickets.

* You can take a full refund and come back in 2021 in your normal spot

* You can move your money to your 2021 tickets and punt on 2020

* You can donate your money to the Longhorn Foundation and they will give you 10 Priority Points per $100 you spend (it is usually 2 points per $100). This is fully tax deductible as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X