Pop up camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop up camper

Trying to figure out a solution to get a few more beds at our lease. We have a stand alone shower/bathroom. Was thinking about converting an enclosed trailer into a few beds. Or a pop up camper which I can get for much less money. Just need it to sleep in. Worried about the pop up getting too cold with its 30 and below outside. Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Convert a storage container?

Comment

We had a pop up for several years when the kids were small. When it's cold out all that cold air seeps in through that mattress and plywood. We couldn't get warm enough. We graduated to a 27' bumper pull. Much more comfortable in the heat and cold. Pop ups are great for fair weather camping but no fun in the bitter cold.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

There was a travel trailer in classifieds for free earlier today

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pop up camper

Originally posted by pastorjim View Post
          We had a pop up for several years when the kids were small. When it's cold out all that cold air seeps in through that mattress and plywood. We couldn't get warm enough. We graduated to a 27' bumper pull. Much more comfortable in the heat and cold. Pop ups are great for fair weather camping but no fun in the bitter cold.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

That’s what I’m afraid of. Especially when we are there during Christmas time.

I would do a bumper pull but I don’t need a kitchen, toilet, or sink. I would rather more beds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by 312InchMagnum; 09-03-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Check out pop up gizmos for your camper. They make a huge differance both summer and winter. Get both the covers and bunk liners.

Comment

The pop-up will be fine. If you have electricity, use an electric heater. I was on a place with no electricity and found a 1k pop-up and loved it. I did use a buddy heater only in the morning while getting dressed. DO NOT RUN GAS HEATER IN A POP-UP ALL NIGHT DUE TO THE FUMES! Good quality sleeping bag, good thermal base layers and we had no problems down to 15 degrees. It's fun to rough it a season or two to help you appreciate the comforts of home. Good luck with your decision and hope this helps.

Comment

i am in the same situation. i like the idea of a popup, but worried about the lack of insulation.

Comment

I've been hunting out of an enclosed trailer for 3 years now. Love it. You can haul a ton of stuff in it if need be. I pulled the walls off and installed insulation foam boards. It holds heat in well. It's quiet inside. The weather will not eat it up anytime soon. You can show up in the rain, none of your stuff gets wet. I've used it to move several people. I keep all a lot of my hunting stuff in it in the off season, saves garage space and I didn't have to have a storage building built with permits from the city. Win Win Win for me. Oh yeah, your things lock up safely in it.

Comment

Tiny electric heater used in my enclosed trailer and I usually have it on low or I'll get too hot. I also have a box fan if it's warm. I put white corrugated plastic on the ceiling after the insulation was installed. That added light to the inside, no windows and only need one 100 watt light bulb to see anything in it. 16 footer.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone44 View Post
                      I've been hunting out of an enclosed trailer for 3 years now. Love it. You can haul a ton of stuff in it if need be. I pulled the walls off and installed insulation foam boards. It holds heat in well. It's quiet inside. The weather will not eat it up anytime soon. You can show up in the rain, none of your stuff gets wet. I've used it to move several people. I keep all a lot of my hunting stuff in it in the off season, saves garage space and I didn't have to have a storage building built with permits from the city. Win Win Win for me. Oh yeah, your things lock up safely in it.
                      I'd go this route, pop ups are really tents.

Comment

I would use a 20 foot shipping container before I would go with a pop up camper and they are close to the same price. You can easily sleep 4 people and they lock up good and keep critters out.

Comment

I have been using a pop up for years. If you have electricity, small electric heater and a good sleeping bag you will be fine. I use a blanket below and above my sleeping bag. Never had a problem getting up in the mornings when it was cold.
                          I have more problems in the summer with the A/C keeping up if I don't have shade on the camper.

Comment

I have used both, opt for an enclosed unit- cold, humid winds will kill you. Heat will too. Find an old camper, strip it and build bunks, that or a cargo trailer. You won’t regret it. Had a buddy that bought a pop up to take to the lease. He called me one night to ask if he could stay in my hard sided camper. Said he was freezing to death in that pop up.

Comment

Finished out 20’ container easily sleeps 4 w/bathroom and shower

Comment

Working...
                              X