duval co. hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duval co. hunting?

had a friend call me today ask if i could go look at a lease in duval county this weekend. bells went off like a ww2 submarine dive horn! i said sure. is duval poaching still as bad as it was in the 80s 90s times? thanks.

You know how to tell how many poachers there are in Freer or San Diego?

Comment

Really depends where you are. San Diego on the way to freer is better that San Diego to Hebbron.

Comment

Some parts of duval produce huge deer and plenty of animals. Poaching can be an issue anywhere near small ranches/county roads. I’d say it totally depends what part of the county.

Comment

I think it depends on what part of Duval county. Any idea of nearest town or general location?

Comment

Location, location, location

Comment

There are some big big deer around parts of duval county

Comment

It’s not as bad as it used to be. Back in the day anything between Benavides and San Diego and San Diego and Freer was way bad. I shot a good buck just east of San Diego on a big low fence place and saw tons of good mature deer. West of San Diego not so much.

Comment

OP, I called the two county game wardens before we bought our place in Duval about 2.5 years ago to ask them about poaching.

Their responses were candid and, in my opinion, encouraging.

You can find their names and numbers on the TPWD web site.

Comment

Working...
                  X