X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone live around Lake Striker?

Can you ski on it?
    Worth buying a house on it?

Im here and yes. We tube, ski and fish it some. I am actually up the road off 79 in Henderson but used to striker a bit when kids were you ger and prior to our pool

Comment

I grew up around there (Mt. Enterprise). We skied quite a bit in my teenage years. Never actually fished but did duck hunt a little. Seems to be a quiet lake and I would definitely buy a place on that lake just to be on a quiet body of water.

Comment

Id buy something you could set a feeder on. Ive seen several that most people wouldnt believe were east tx deer within a mile or two of the lake.

Comment

There is good WMA around the lake. Has some stellar archery hog hunting…but keep it on the downlow

Comment

Thanks for the input, really appreciate it. It does look like a quiet lake.

Comment

Anyone live around Lake Striker?

Been close to Lake Striker for years, and have always fished it and behind the spillway too. Fished the HOT HOLE (when the generator was working)in the late sixties.Learned how to ski on that lake.

Comment

You’ll be my neighbor, so factor that in……..

Comment

Well Dry that might be the deciding factor.
                  My father in law sold some property and is looking for a place to buy just to lighten the capitol gains tax and he sent us a few places he wants to go look at.
                  One is on the lake with a nice shop.

Comment

if on the lake you don't actually own the land. pay a yearly lease.
                    decent crappie and catfishing, sandbass. deer everywhere

Comment

I've lived on the east side and the west side of the lake. Pretty good fishing but some lots are better than others. I had a 100' pier and in Summer the end of the pier was dry ground. Lots of places on the lake are like that. Some have very long piers and at the very end when the lake is full it's waist deep. I'd move back there but I'd want a deeper water lot if I planned to fish from it or be able to dock a boat there in summer.

Comment

Buy it and I'll keep the hog numbers down for you

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                          Buy it and I'll keep the hog numbers down for you

You don’t have to own property there to hunt the wma.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                            You don’t have to own property there to hunt the wma.
                            Oh I know. I've got plenty on my own place here in Mixon to take care of

Comment

We had some close family friends that had a house on the lake for many years. When they passed away I could have bought their place for a song and dance but didn't .. That is still one of my worst mistakes and biggest regrets.. There are some monster yellow cats in Striker.
                              I too have seen some well above average deer in that area.

Comment

Working...
                              X