Fairfield State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
    So from what I understand from very reliable sources around town is that the big tract of land that was up for sale (which includes the lake and the property where the State park currently sits) has been under contract for several months with Todd Interests (development company). However Todd Interests is having issues closing the deal and may be backing out. IF they do back out and the contract is voided, then the State will have the option/ability to purchase the lake and State Park property from Vistra Energy. I have also heard that Beaver Aplin (owner of Bucee's) is backing the State with finances to purchase the property. LOTS of moving parts in this transaction..........
    Beaver Aplin is Chairman of the TPWD board of directors. That's the only tie he has to it. I'm sure the state doesn't need his money.

Comment

That place is infested with hogs. Should be interesting if they turn it into a golf course

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        Beaver Aplin is Chairman of the TPWD board of directors. That's the only tie he has to it. I'm sure the state doesn't need his money.
        He is the Chairman of the Board and yes the State will take his money...........

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
          That place is infested with hogs. Should be interesting if they turn it into a golf course

Not any different than the golf course 20 minutes from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would be nice if the state keeps it as a park.

I read an article about the population growth in Texas, it stated that we are losing 235 square miles of land per year to development. We are 45th in the country with public land, which is 4.2 percent total.

Comment

I have also heard that Beaver Aplin (owner of Bucee's) is backing the State with finances to purchase the property.

He is the Chairman of the Board and yes the State will take his money...........
              Can you provide the source of this info? Is it reported in some article or just the talk at the local cafe?

Comment

I say no to eminent domain. How many of y'all would like it if it was your land. To heck with that. Just another BIG screw up from tpwd.

Comment

I have been playing Powerball religiously the last two years. That place is what I was going to buy if I won.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    I say no to eminent domain. How many of y'all would like it if it was your land. To heck with that. Just another BIG screw up from tpwd.
                    That would be the the ****tiest thing I've ever seen if they did that. Free rent for 50 years then they steal it out from under the land owner. I'd move to Oklahoma if Texas did that to them.

Comment

Yep. Rules for thee, not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        Can you provide the source of this info? Is it reported in some article or just the talk at the local cafe?
                        Was told this by two guys I know that are very closely involved with the current transaction with Todd and Luminant/Vistra. Doesnt really matter where the money comes from. TPWD has stated they have the finances to purchase the property so hopefully they are given the opportunity to do so.

Comment

That would be the the ****tiest thing I've ever seen if they did that. Free rent for 50 years then they steal it out from under the land owner. I'd move to Oklahoma if Texas did that to them.
                          They wouldn't be "stealing" it from the land owner.
                          The land owner wants to sell it. Its listed on the market.
                          Fair Market Value is given with eminent domain so the landowner wouldn't be giving anything up.

The property hasn't sold yet so the state should swoop in to buy it so that it can be protected for future generations. If the sale goes to a developer, it will end up being an exclusive neighborhood for blue state refugees.
                          Last edited by backwoods; 02-08-2023, 10:43 AM.

Comment

TPWD never owned the land and have no right to it now unless they want to pay full market value. Texas in general has always been a majority privately owned state. Hope they can work something out but i have my doubts.

Comment

If “how would you like it” is an issue then they need to do away with eminent domain.

They entire intent of eminent domain is because people don’t like it. If everyone was willing to sell at a reasonable price then eminent domain doesn’t need to exist.

It is like saying you need to have freedom of speech…. as long as you don’t offend anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                If “how would you like it” is an issue then they need to do away with eminent domain.

They entire intent of eminent domain is because people don’t like it. If everyone was willing to sell at a reasonable price then eminent domain doesn’t need to exist.

It is like saying you need to have freedom of speech…. as long as you don’t offend anyone.
                                They do need to do away with it. If a person doesn't want to sell shouldn't be forced to. Fair market price is total BS. A person should be able to get whatever they want or can for their land IF they want to sell it. The BS like the bullet train is a prime example. All it does is fatten some worthless politicians & his buddy developer's pockets,

Comment

Working...
                                X