Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Salty H20 2023 Thread- How Salty Will You Get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found em in a bayou yesterday at an intersection of two bayous. Tide was coming in strong and they were close, and I mean close to the shell. If I wasn't getting snagged I wasn't getting bit. I stopped there because I saw bait flickering on the surface (see above). I caught them on a blue hi lite back with a clear belly (shrimp colored lure). 5 reds total and had a good flounder I lost at the boat. And one big nasty 4' gar I thought was a red waking down the shore.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
      I think drum are way underrated. I haven’t seen any worms in the ones I catch around aransas pass. I don’t keep big ones. They fry and grill great. I also eat alot of redfish - both fired and grilled. But I take time to clean off the red meat.

Yes x2!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Roadtrip Saturday out to Welder Wildlife refuge to deliver some equipment. Then an awesome bbq lunch at Butters. Afternoon wade backside of Mustang was a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
          Yes x2!!!

Trout, reddish, flounder. Puppy drum is better than any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
            Roadtrip Saturday out to Welder Wildlife refuge to deliver some equipment. Then an awesome bbq lunch at Butters. Afternoon wade backside of Mustang was a skunk.

MmmmmMmmm! Love stopping there!

Kevin, those are great looking tails!!!

Glen, you finding any speckled fish yet???

I just might stop chasing bacon and start chasing tails this week.

Comment

We fished the river Friday and Saturday out of Matagorda. Didn't catch a bunch, but we caught some healthy 21-22 inch trout and a couple of 17 inch flounder. Hoping to get out Wednesday and go hit a wade.

Comment

Hit a solo wade Sat. morning in POC, a couple West Matagorda spots were strikeouts so I tried a spot closer to some mud flats & found a few. Was able to box a nice Texas Slam for the blackstone. Caught quite a few 16 1/2" trout & rat reds.
                Went back to the dock & gathered up the late sleepers & took them for their Jettie run. Found some big Sheephead & they had a blast, fish Tacos on the menu.

Comment

Comment

Surprisingly skunked today, water looked and felt great. Maybe fishies are not in spring routine yet. Better than going to a gym.

Comment

After about 3 months of using it and not cleaning, figured I’d get to it.

Shimano Curado 100 DSV

Bought this reel used and have always had problems opening the side plate. Well, got a bit frustrated and knew what happened, was about to happen. Put a little too much force on the small wings and broke them. Grabbed a small set of pliers I use and broke another piece. Finally stuck a coin in the gap under the wind and got it to free.

I’m hindsight, pretty sure the coin would have worked from the start.

Looking on eBay, I think I’m done buying any more of these reels. The ones listed are in terrible shape, and at the price I’ve bought almost new ones for.

Think it’ll just go into parts bin.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post

Nice slam!

Comment

Looking forward to fishing w my Aggie son sat-tues for spring break out of poc. Looks like the wind should be bearable and no rain forecasted thus far!

Comment

Went before the wind this morning. Caught about a dozen solid trout 17-20 inch fish. Kept 2 for tonight. Fish were still off drops in 4-5 foot of water. Lots of shrimp starting to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Went before the wind this morning. Caught about a dozen solid trout 17-20 inch fish. Kept 2 for tonight. Fish were still off drops in 4-5 foot of water. Lots of shrimp starting to show up.
                              Sounds like a great morning!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                Congrats! Great trip!

Comment

Working...
                                X