Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salty H20 2023 Thread- How Salty Will You Get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you have good current and a pinch or drain, glass slick sucks in the bay. I downsize and throw more natural stuff.

Comment

Fished the back part of Port bay again, minor time was pretty spot on had a good topwater bite close to a good hour lost a upper slot red and the rest were rat reds , then went quiet around 10am. I met a nice older lady at the launch she limited out on some nice doormats big ole flounder using gulps. Plan for tomorrow is to fish St. Charles Bay see if I can find cleaner water.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Oso- as much as these glass slick days look great. Only place I catch fish on days like that are the surf and dragging guts for flounder. Im learning everyday but I gotta have a little chip to catch
        If it's glass, wait till after sundown - tops will get attention.

Comment

Worked hard for these. Caught a limit either side of midnight, but only had 3 keepers at 11:15. The tide was ripping out, but finally slowed down a little and I had yesterday’s limit around 11:45. Put that cooler in the back of the truck and sat around playing on my phone until midnight. Had my second limit by 1:15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by bullets13; 06-08-2023, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post

Worked hard for these. Caught a limit either side of midnight, but only had 3 keepers at 11:15. The tide was ripping out, but finally slowed down a little and I had yesterday’s limit around 11:45. Put that cooler in the back of the truck and sat around playing on my phone until midnight. Had my second limit by 1:15.

Ya was just thinking about some night fishing….just scary as **** wading in the dark sometimes….last time i went something massive was slaughtering mullet on the drop off next to me….scared me big time.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post

Double Congrats!! LOL!

Comment

Most of the fishing I do is after dark, can't get that former night shift out of me and I love the night bite.

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                  Ya was just thinking about some night fishing….just scary as **** wading in the dark sometimes….last time i went something massive was slaughtering mullet on the drop off next to me….scared me big time.

I hear that. I have zero interest in wading at night

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post

My buddy and I were paddling across a dark channel one night in kayaks well after midnight and a dolphin surfaced right next to him and blew, then bumped the side of his kayak on the way back down. That was a good time.

Comment

Fished a tough day yesterday, nothing like the previous 2. Ended up with 2 slots and a limit of trout out of 15 or so. It was a grind. This was an all day affair.

West Matty down towards greens is absolutely full of sharks. Every time I got a good head shaker within 2 minutes I would get a drive by. I didn't keep any fish so had nothing for them but they were looking hard.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Most of the fishing I do is after dark, can't get that former night shift out of me and I love the night bite.

It's awesome! Same here, they are on the prowl.

And the boaters and others, are next to nil on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          My buddy and I were paddling across a dark channel one night in kayaks well after midnight and a dolphin surfaced right next to him and blew, then bumped the side of his kayak on the way back down. That was a good time.

[emoji15]

Comment

My kids love to catch some shark. Just joining in to share some pics. I wish I was down there, smooth waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
                                My kids love to catch some shark. Just joining in to share some pics. I wish I was down there, smooth waters.

They are down there with my father-in-law for the week, 10 days at the coast, living the dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X