Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Mountain Bike folks on here?

Hey all,
    Looking to get back into mountain biking and was wondering if there any mtb folks on here?

I took 3rd place at the World Endurance Mountain Bike Organizations 2021 Intercontinental 24hr solo Endurance Championships ...I ride a little.

What kind of bike are you thinking about?
    Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 08-27-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

yes

Comment

Yes.
        I have probably done 20k miles around Wright Patman.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
          I took 3rd place at the World Endurance Mountain Bike Organizations 2021 Intercontinental 24hr solo Endurance Championships ...I ride a little.

What kind of bike are you thinking about?
          Looking into a Giant Trance or a Polygon Siskiu 8. Do you have thoughts on either model?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            Yes.
            I have probably done 20k miles around Wright Patman.
            Cool, so there are some good trails?

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
              Looking into a Giant Trance or a Polygon Siskiu 8. Do you have thoughts on either model?
              They are both decent entry level full suspension bikes, I have a few friends that ride both but have never ridden either myself. Before you buy one really look at the core components, shock/fork, drive train and find one that fits your budget .

Prices on bikes right now are at a all time high you can go from 2k to 10k real easy with different components or frame material.

Rocky Mountain makes a solid bike and a I believe they have a few dealers over in the Dallas Area.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                They are both decent entry level full suspension bikes, I have a few friends that ride both but have never ridden either myself. Before you buy one really look at the core components, shock/fork, drive train and find one that fits your budget .

Prices on bikes right now are at a all time high you can go from 2k to 10k real easy with different components or frame material.

Rocky Mountain makes a solid bike and a I believe they have a few dealers over in the Dallas Area.
                Everything on the Polygon is better spec'd...except the brakes (but it is a mail order bike, so no dealer support)
                Last edited by MitchParker; 08-27-2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I just got back into it after 20yrs of Ironmans. Heading to Spider Mountain in Burnet Sunday. I got a S Works Stumpjumper.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Trying to get back into it after a 15+ absence. I never did anything serious just rode for exercise. Need to get my fat arse back in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                      I just got back into it after 20yrs of Ironmans. Heading to Spider Mountain in Burnet Sunday. I got a S Works Stumpjumper.

Nice! But, I don't have 10k for a mtb. Let me know what you think of the trails out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                        Trying to get back into it after a 15+ absence. I never did anything serious just rode for exercise. Need to get my fat arse back in shape.
                        I'm with you. Last time I was serious about it was back when Gary Fisher made bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
                          Nice! But, I don't have 10k for a mtb. Let me know what you think of the trails out that way.
                          I was fortunate to pick this up used when local bike shop sold to Trek and the engine still sucks. The bike market like everything else is a mess and inventory constrained. I sold my tri bike to a guy in Dubai that I know paid over $2k just to ship it.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                            I was fortunate to pick this up used when local bike shop sold to Trek and the engine still sucks. The bike market like everything else is a mess and inventory constrained. I sold my tri bike to a guy in Dubai that I know paid over $2k just to ship it.

2k for shipping? Wow, the world is upside down right now, that's just nuts.

Enjoy your kick arse ride! I'm jealous.

Comment

I've been riding a Commencal META HT AM since 12/31/20, waited 5 months for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X