Recommendations Needed: AR Optics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations Needed: AR Optics

So the wife and one of her girlfriends (There's three of them who have really gotten into shooting over the past year) are going to do a "Build an AR" workshop next month. All parts have already been selected, just need to figure out what optic/sight to put on it.

The last time I had any dealings with that platform was in the way back using one that Uncle Sam's Misguided Children gave me, and that one was built by the lowest bidder, so my experience in this is severely limited.

That being said, for what we'll be using it for (for now), I'm thinking some kind of red dot/reflex optic with co-witness sights. I'm digging on the ACOG, but that'll be for a later date.

Any help out there?

Oh, and here's the parts list of her build.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ARworkshopPkgsPrices copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	25110119

Man, you cant go wrong with an Eotech 512 or an Aimpoint PRO

Comment

I concur with Chuy on either an EoTech or Aimpoint. I have both on different black guns and like them equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
        Man, you cant go wrong with an Eotech 512 or an Aimpoint PRO
        Originally posted by PBFrijoles View Post
        I concur with Chuy on either an EoTech or Aimpoint. I have both on different black guns and like them equally.

I'll have a look at both then. Thanks for the recommendations.

Benny, saw Nikki and the nugget out at White Sands last weekend. Surely they weren't insane enough to do the full out there in that heat.

Comment

Another point, The cool thing about these is that you can add magnifiers later if needed. Good luck!

Comment

I love my vortex 3x spitfire on my stag.

BP

Comment

I carry an Aimpoint PRO on my AR at work and love it. Just put the dot on target and squeeze. It is durable and accurate. That thing has been bounced around in a soft side case and goes from my truck to the rack and back 4 days a week. It gets left on a lot and the battery lasts a pretty long time.

Comment

I really like the FOV and reticle of the Eotech. I haven't used the new-ish Trijicon MRO yet, but I have some buddies that started using them on their duty rifles and they seem to really like them.

Comment

I have an aimpoint, and eotech and a trijicon mro. I can say I with thousands of rounds behind each piece of glass I like the mro the best. If you are looking for a more economical try the vortex AR. It is fairly new but a buddy runs one and he is impressive with it. Best is try to round up buddies that have different ones and shoot them before buying.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                    I'll have a look at both then. Thanks for the recommendations.

Benny, saw Nikki and the nugget out at White Sands last weekend. Surely they weren't insane enough to do the full out there in that heat.

No Mark, they did the half but I told her that heat is not a mission stopper!!!!! Lol.

Comment

I like my Eotech 512. I don't carry it for professional use but as a pdw and a spot and stalk pig slayer the Eotech makes target acquisition quick and accurate. Longer ranges however a magnifier is nice.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

On my PDW/shooting with kids weapon I love my Eotech.

Comment

I'd get a Trijicon MRO. You can get one from LaRue with their mount for $500. Then, get a 3x magnifier from Primary Arms.

Comment

I'm reading a lot of good things about Eotech on this thread. What about the class action lawsuit against them and the recall? Are these newer Eotechs that you are using? I too have an older one that I'll be sending in for reimbursement. It never gave me any trouble but I don't want to chance it down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdawg View Post
                              I'm reading a lot of good things about Eotech on this thread. What about the class action lawsuit against them and the recall? Are these newer Eotechs that you are using? I too have an older one that I'll be sending in for reimbursement. It never gave me any trouble but I don't want to chance it down the road.
                              The class action is about the fact that as temperature varies so can the accuracy of the optical instrument. The way I am using it (PDW to 50yds and kids) this is not an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X