Ruger M77?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger M77?

I recently inherited a Ruger M77 chambered in 30.06. Would like some opinions on this rifle as I know nothing about Ruger rifles. Since I won't ever get rid of this rifle I was wanting to know if this rifle would be worth fixing up to be a mid to long range gun

clean the bore real good and go shoot it

you'll have better success with accuracy (smaller groups) if you reload your own ammo

other options which will cost $$$: glass bed the action ($200) , custom barrel upgrade ($600)

Comment

If you want a good stock for it, start watching now because if it is the older model with the tang safety, you will have a difficult time finding one. Don't get a cheap Champion stock because they won't fit properly.

Comment

I have several. Awesome rifles IMO

Comment

The Ruger M77 is a great gun.

Comment

Just recently got my 1st M77 and I like everything about it.

Comment

Love Ruger rifles! M77's are great!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBear View Post
                If you want a good stock for it, start watching now because if it is the older model with the tang safety, you will have a difficult time finding one. Don't get a cheap Champion stock because they won't fit properly.
                Just got a laminate stock for my tang safety m77 from boyds. Seems to fit well.

Comment

I have 2 both with the Tang saftey one in .308 and .270 both are tack drivers. Love them both.

Comment

In my opinion it's a really good rifle.

Comment

I always like the way rugers fit me. Great guns!

Comment

I really like mine a lot! It's been my deer getter since I was in my early teens

Comment

Buddy has one in .270. It's a really sweet shootin' tac driver.

Comment

I have a tang safety varmint model in .22-250. It's easily shoots .5" groups all day. Really slick action, too. Can operate the bolt with one finger.

Comment

Another testimony to how awesome these guns are... when I was a kid I started hunting with a M77 Tang .270... I inherited that gun along with a couple more. I have also bought several tang M77's along the way. I have found that there are not as many options to "trick " them out as there are for other models but every M77 I have shoots better than I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X