I need a bark collar for large dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a bark collar for large dog.

I need a strong bark collar for one of my dogs. It’s to the point I will have to get rid of him if I can’t find something that will help stop the barking. What will work?

why is he barking?

Comment

We used a Dog Care brand training collar for our GSD from Amazon. It has a remote so you gotta do the zapping when they bark. It worked pretty well. Also worked for chasing deer.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
        I need a strong bark collar for one of my dogs. It’s to the point I will have to get rid of him if I can’t find something that will help stop the barking. What will work?
        We ordered one for one of our poodles off of Amazon
        It vibrates no shock
        Took about a week it shut her up, it has a adjustable knob we turned to off position. Let her wear for a while..
        now all you have to do is show it to her she shuts up

Comment

Bark Collars stop problem barking now. Save $$$ on Tri-tronics, SportDOG No Bark Collars, Bark Control Collars, & Bark Limiters

Take a look here

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            We used a Dog Care brand training collar for our GSD from Amazon. It has a remote so you gotta do the zapping when they bark. It worked pretty well. Also worked for chasing deer.
            I got one of those and got a free 2nd receiver for doing a review. First receiver didn't survive a river dunking but for the price it's been a dang good setup. Same company sent me a free sonic trainer and that thing is the bomb. When my two dogs start barking too much, one tap on that and they both cower down like they'd just got a rolled newspaper to the noggin. Nice thing is it's just a hand held unit, no collar to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              why is he barking?
              He is a bloodhound Catahoula mix, barks just to bark. He is just a loud dog and very vocal. Best dog I have ever had but I need to get barking under control

Comment

We just have the regular ol PetSafe brand from the store. I have it set on full blast. No gentle beeping reminder beforehand, dog barks more than once it gets the full Monty. Works great but our dog is smart enough to know that if the collar isn’t on she can go ape**** sideways yapping at every bird, dragonfly, or falling leaf.

Comment

Is he your only dog? I ask because my mom got tired of the 2 neighbors who have dogs caddy corner to each other that bark every time she works in her yard. She bought a bird house looking thing that emits an ultrasonic sound when it detects barking. She turns it on when the dogs are barking and they instantly stop. If they bark they whine and run to their houses. But, if you have more than one dog, the other dog will suffer for the one's indiscretion. but that may not be a bad thing. She got it from Pet Smart.

Comment

Garmin barklimiter 2
                    It'll hook up to your smart phone and you can set it up how you want. Works great.
                    Once they figure it out, you'll only need vibrate or tone.
                    Last edited by Canoe1; 09-21-2021, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                      Garmin barklimiter 2
                      It'll hook up to your smart phone and you can set it up how you want. Works great.
                      Once they figure it out, you'll only need vibrate or tone.
                      This! If you want to save some battery go ahead and crank it up so it hits hard from the first time he barks. This way it doesn't use as much battery and he doesnt bark as much. If you let it start from the weakest shock every time some dogs will learn they can still bark till it gets too bad.

Comment

Garmin-TriTronics Sport PRO
                        A great e-collar with two different bark limiting modes among numerous other features

Garmin SPORT PRO. Works for all breeds of dogs. Best-seller is PERFECT for 95% of dogs. Features 3/4-mile range, Bark Limiter & Beacon Lights Add a long line and training DVD for a penny! $249.99.The Garmin / Tri-Tronics SPORT PRO is simple, compact and lightweight with a 3/4-mile range. One Handed Operation Easily select from 10 levels of continuous or momentary stimulation with positive clicks between levels -- perfect for one-handed operation so you can keep your eyes on your dog, not your transmitter. Four Button Design Four training buttons give you instant control over continuous and momentary stimulation, vibration and tone. Built-in Bark Limiter Re -- Garmin Sport PRO 2-dog, Garmin Sport PRO 3-dog, Penny Bundle DVD + Checkcord, Garmin SportPRO Collar and Transmitter, Sport PRO Transmitter Front, Sport PRO Transmitter Back, Sport PRO Transmitter Left Side, Sport PRO Transmitter Right Side, Sport PRO Transmitter Lanyard Slot, Sport PRO Transmitter in Hand, Sport PRO Dial Detail, Sport PRO Transmitter USB Port, Sport PRO Collar, Sport PRO Collar Bottom, Sport PRO Collar Probe Comparison, Sport PRO Collar Charging Contacts, Sport PRO Collar Charging Clip, Sport PRO Collar Lights On, Sport PRO Collar Lights in the Dark, Sport PRO Scaled, Sport PRO Accessories, Sport PRO Collar and Transmitter on Charger, Sport PRO Charger Detail, Sport PRO Box, PRO Collar on a Beagle, PRO Collar on a Beagle, PRO Collar on a Hound, PRO Collar on a Hound, PRO Collar on a Pointer, Sport Pro Lanyard Instructions, Since 1972. Call Steve Snell (800-624-6378) 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Comment

I have a petsafe rechargable for my Blue Lacy. She will drive you crazy with the squirrles up in the pecan trees. I can let her see I have it in my hand and she will not bark the rest of the day. It has done wonders for her. I can put it on her and not turn it on and she will not make a sound.

Comment

Working...
                          X