No announcement yet.

Prayers for my brother, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear of your loss! Prayers for all involved. Also, continued prayers for your brother, as well as you and the family. Thanks for the wonderful news on your brother! God is grand! Even in our losses and heartaches, thankfully that never changes! God Bless, Rusty

Comment

praying

Comment

So today was kinda ... um ... well exciting.

Matt decided yesterday to lower his O2 to 20 and not tell anyone. Well, all day and all night, his oxygen did not drop. So this morning when the doc came and ignored my brother's questions, he decided he was going to leave. That's when the fight started.

His wife called, I got Mom to call him and tell him to stay put. His wife asked a bunch of questions while I was listening on the phone then they went into Matt's room. I was on speaker phone the whole time. Matt was sitting in his chair, O2 removed and by golly he was leaving. His O2 was down to 70% (keep in mind less than 90% is a 911 call). The head nurse, a military lady, came in and de-escalated the situation. Matt had some valid questions and no one was answering them. And, he was tired of being told that he would be released next week. Never mind that he's only been in for 9 days. And the goal was this coming Friday, which would be about 2 weeks.

The nurse addressed his questions but said she would not answer anything until he put his O2 back in/ on. So he did. After listening to questions and answers, I told the nurse that the steroids were making him very aggressive and they needed to address that. They are and the medical director will be coming to talk to him. He's agreed to stay until Friday if they keep treating him like a human being. Then his wife gave the phone to him and I talked to him. He's calmed down and agreed to be more cooperative. I told him that his lungs healing was his own body's choice and his body would decide how long that would take and smoking for all those years wasn't helping.

Looks like I'm going to have to go to SA to help them navigate administration and ask questions. After helping my parents through their cancers I think I'm ready to take on my brother's situation.

Comment

Another prayer was sent for Matt. Hang in there Tracey. You're a good person.

Comment

more prayers sent up for Matt's medical condition, as well as his patience and understanding.

IMO as an outsider , he needs to Pray the Serenity Prayer and Let Go and Let God.

When we try to take the wheel and want to be in control we have a tendency to F up.

I know because I've been there and done that .... praying for you too Tracey

Comment

My goodness! Another prayer sent for his recovery.

Comment

Tracey, don't be too hard on your brother.... A man has got to be respected, and when he's paying for a service that is not being rendered, sometimes he's got to do something to get things straight. Sounds he got their attention (and of course the rest of the family's attention too!). I pray that he has the wisdom to let his care-givers treat him, and I pray that his care-givers treat him according to wisdom from God and His plan. I pray for you too to be the calm in the storm and to use your God-given gifts in this type of situation to help work our God's plan of healing for Matt.

Tell Matt there's a bunch of us redneck Green-screeners praying hard for him, but he needs to let God do the work! He just needs to ride along and come out the other side of this trial healed and strengthened.

Lord, sometimes we all fail You. We are so very thankful for Your Grace in that. Lord we ask for Mercy that You can stay on plan and heal Matt in Your own way in Your own schedule. Sometimes our own ability to have free will sure gets in the way of receiving our blessings from You Lord. We ask, Lord that You soften Matt's heart and give him clarity in his treatment while at the same time give his care team wisdom to know how to treat Matt that he understands what is best for him. Lord deliver him from this evil disease and heal his lungs. Strengthen him and heal him.
                Lord, we pray a special blessing on our sister Tracey and that You give her direction in what Your will is for Matt and her. Guide her and direct her. Give her the strength and stamina to persevere in the care of her brother until he is healed according to Your plan. We ask these things in the name of our Savior and provider Jesus Christ, Amen.

Comment

Thank you EVERYONE for your prayers. My brother was released yesterday while we were visiting him in San Antonio.

I was sure surprised at how well he was doing. He had zero trouble breathing, walking, etc., never coughed. He had lots of energy, too. I was shocked. His roommate was released a few hours prior but he was struggling to breathe, had very low energy, and coughed often. The difference was night and day.

Matt lives on the 3rd floor of his apartment complex. When we got to his apartment, he grabbed his oxygen tank and carried it up all 3 flights without stopping! His wife ran after him to make sure he didn't pass out!

When he got to the door he was breathing very hard and struggling but his O2 was still hooked up and within a few minutes was up walking around his apartment quite normally.

He's going to be just fine. Thank you Jesus for the miracle and thank you TBH for the prayers.

Comment

Praise the Lord indeed!! You and the family need a good rest yourselves! Go rest easy this weekend!! Or go blast some doves!! That can be therapeutic rest too!

Comment

Very happy to hear this news!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Drive on brother!

Comment

Praise God...I was a bit concerned when you said they had him on Remdesivir with the controversy surrounding it.

Comment

God bless

Comment

Awesome news !!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

So glad to read this good news!

Comment

Working...
                                X