X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is cool

Comment

Nice bass!
      Do you have to remove the big bluegills to avoid competition for bass prey?

BP

Comment

thanks for posting those, thats a very nice looking setup and pond. Your backyard looks like a very well maintained park.

Comment

Last Sept we had a pond dug about the same size. We built 9 of the 5 gal bucket structures and plan to build a couple more pipe structures in our shallow area. I stocked it two weeks before the freeze and was glad to see they survived. We put out about 900lbs of gypsum to improve the water clarity. Been feeding for about two months now and been looking at the air pumps. Never though it would be possible to grow that size of bass. I have read they eat 10lbs for every pound of weight they put on. Might try the hybrid crappie just for more variety. I never had a swimming pool but I'm not sure a pond is much difference when it comes to work and money.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Holy moly that airmax set up is expensive!! Our pond is 2 acres. Up to 8' deep. We have been working on it hard for the past 1.5 years. Had to pull out 100 bass. There was NO structure. Have since added ~35 brush piles. Started a feed program. The baitfish are everywhere now. Bass size is improving, but they aren't too hungry now, so hard to catch!

But, I am assuming in order to go to the next level, going to need an aeration set up?

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
                Holy moly that airmax set up is expensive!! Our pond is 2 acres. Up to 8' deep. We have been working on it hard for the past 1.5 years. Had to pull out 100 bass. There was NO structure. Have since added ~35 brush piles. Started a feed program. The baitfish are everywhere now. Bass size is improving, but they aren't too hungry now, so hard to catch!

But, I am assuming in order to go to the next level, going to need an aeration set up?

Sounds like you are off to a good start! I can tell you the air max made a huge difference. Not only does the pond look much cleaner, but the fish are much more healthy now and they fight just like pulling them out of a lake now. Big time difference and the AirMax unit is minimal maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                  thanks for posting those, thats a very nice looking setup and pond. Your backyard looks like a very well maintained park.

Thank you sir. I enjoy working outside

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                    Sounds like you are off to a good start! I can tell you the air max made a huge difference. Not only does the pond look much cleaner, but the fish are much more healthy now and they fight just like pulling them out of a lake now. Big time difference and the AirMax unit is minimal maintenance.

How deep is your pond?

Great thread btw!

Comment

Nice. You can grow them big in smaller water, just takes work. I've been looking at aeration systems. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Comment

This is a cool thread and you've got a great setup. It would be cool to see the progress as time goes by. Hope you can stick that 8+ one day

Comment

Nice set up!

Comment

Beautiful set up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                              Looks like the warranty is real good at 5 years. I am assuming you have not had any issues with it?

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                                This is a cool thread and you've got a great setup. It would be cool to see the progress as time goes by. Hope you can stick that 8+ one day
                                This ^

I have two ponds (cattle tanks) maybe 30 yards wide about 9' deep when max full but average probably 6'.

Think I could keep/grow fish in them? Or would cattle poop/pee make it difficult? And would the fish die when air temps get to zero?

Comment

Working...
                                X