Grapevine 2019-2020 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry View Post
    I don’t mind being poked fun at. Sometimes you gotta laugh in the face of blatant bs. There’s no other reasoning for having never been drawn with the odds we’re talking about. It’s not the TPWD hunt of a lifetime. It’s freaking Grapevine! No telling how many permits never get picked up, get picked up and get used once, get picked up and not used at all. I just want someone to sprout some nuts and email or call me to say “sorry dude, we literally draw your name, say haha...nah...toss your entry out and draw another.” It would actually make me feel a lot better just to hear the truth about it.
    For sure they toss out select people's applications. How else do 1st year people get drawn and the same people, especially those with multiple people on their application get drawn every year and you have a handful of people who never get drawn in 7-8 years when there are about 40% chance of drawing. Odds this year were almost 50%. Only thing I can figure is someone at COE brings in their buddies and then tosses out some of the applications that they recognize the names on

Comment

Well if it’s anything for anything, this was my first year putting in and I still haven’t received a phone call or an email.

I still have hope for today or tomorrow.
      Last edited by XBowHunterMike; 08-13-2020, 07:29 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        For sure they toss out select people's applications. How else do 1st year people get drawn and the same people, especially those with multiple people on their application get drawn every year and you have a handful of people who never get drawn in 7-8 years when there are about 40% chance of drawing. Odds this year were almost 50%. Only thing I can figure is someone at COE brings in their buddies and then tosses out some of the applications that they recognize the names on
        But why would they purposefully exclude people if they've done nothing wrong? Because they express their opinions and frustrations on a forum? I'm not being argumentative, that's legitimate curiosity.

Comment

I drew a tag on my very first try 8 years ago, then did not get drawn 7 years in
          row, but then got it last year.

Missed again this year.

Good luck to those that hit.

Comment

Thanks for all the info on Grapevine hunting. Now I will be entering along with my friends and family members. Looks like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
              Thanks for all the info on Grapevine hunting. Now I will be entering along with my friends and family members. Looks like fun!

Tell your buddies and their buddies’ buddies, guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                Tell your buddies and their buddies’ buddies, guy!

Lol yea! The more the merrier!

Comment

Does anyone know how to legally park towards the west side of the lake ? Or perhaps different parking areas by chance?

Comment

Yall lost a good one yesterday not sure why he was out at 3pm but he was struck by a newer F150 appeared to be 130 class 8 wide and tall i didn’t stop for pictures

Comment

Originally posted by alphadeer456 View Post
                      does anyone know how to legally park towards the west side of the lake ? Or perhaps different parking areas by chance?
                      uber

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                        uber
                        Thats actually a good idea until you have to flop a 12 point stud in the back of some liberal yuppies kia. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Can someone please post where to park, where to walk, where to stop, where to sit, etc? Thanks! [emoji849]

Comment

Can someone please post where to park, where to walk, where to stop, where to sit, etc? Thanks! [emoji849]

Can you show us? [emoji1787]

Comment

How about where you use to hunt when you were allowed to hunt there? [emoji848] lol. Man I am seriously hoping you get that opportunity again someday soon Larry. Seems to me its definitely fishy stuff if you look at the odds. Doesn't make sense. Keep on trying though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

FYI It’s not a bad idea for everyone to call and check whether they got drawn for deer, I figured I had not been drawn because I didn’t get a call or an email last week, but I called about waterfowl this morning and asked about deer just to be sure, turns out I’m in. The lady said they were mailing the permits soon so I guess I’d have found out eventually but for planning purposes it’s nice to know as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X