Bad shots on hunting shows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad shots on hunting shows...

Bad shots happen. It can be refreshing to see one on TV once in a while as long as the hunter/celebrity admits their mistake and looks at least a little remorseful.

But I just saw an old rerun of a guy hunting hogs in California. He bragged to the guide that a 200 yard shot would be easy with his rifle. He proceeded to hit a boar square in the front half of the lower jaw. His tusks and bone fragments went flying, the hog squealed and tore off into the brush at full speed. Hunter celebrated, “boom head shot,” yada yada.

The dead hog they walked up on had a clean, intact jaw... and looked smaller...

Really?
    Last edited by 30-30; 07-19-2020, 09:26 AM.

I have pretty well given up on tv hunting shows. Most of the guys are total azzclowns to me & like you said they take a shot & say perfect hit. Slow mo shows a perfect gut shot.

Comment

That’s why hunting shows are quickly becoming a thing of the past for real hunters.
      The best shows are now found on YouTube. Try (The hunting public, and Hushin) and many many others. When they mess up they all admit to it and genially feel bad about it

Comment

I watched a Buck Commander episode a couple of days ago where they hit the deer with a bow and couldn’t find it that night.

The next day they went out with a hunting party and found the deer but he was still alive.

They had to dispatch it there.

I was like, I get there are bad shots but they could have edited that out.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          That’s why hunting shows are quickly becoming a thing of the past for real hunters.
          The best shows are now found on YouTube. Try (The hunting public, and Hushin) and many many others. When they mess up they all admit to it and genially feel bad about it

I really like the THP.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunterMike View Post
            I watched a Buck Commander episode a couple of days ago where they hit the deer with a bow and couldn’t find it that night.

The next day they went out with a hunting party and found the deer but he was still alive.

They had to dispatch it there.

I was like, I get there are bad shots but they could have edited that out.

Why should they edit it out? Bad shots happen sometimes and you do what’s necessary to find/dispatch the animal. I’d rather see real footage of hunts rather than just the “good” shots.

Comment

Once watched a Noel Feather show where he shot a buck right before dark and they went in the brush to look for it. Came out dragging a different buck celebrating.
              He was convicted of poaching not long after.

Comment

Pretty much only meat eater is what I watch, the crush sometimes, that said... BORN AND Raised On YouTube is freaking awesome

Comment

The two things that I notice are the lighted nocks spiraling/porpoising/fishtailing from a poorly tuned setup and the many instances of very poor penetration.

Comment

FND Outdoors on YouTube. Now THAT guy is a REAL hunter.

Comment

Used to watch Born and Raised Outdoors but the last couple of years have really done downhill. I do in joy Meeteater and anything with Ted Nugent.

Comment

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
                        Used to watch Born and Raised Outdoors but the last couple of years have really done downhill. I do in joy Meeteater and anything with Ted Nugent.
                        ??? On YouTube? How you figure? Land of the free is probably the most honest elk series out there

If your talking about on TV I have no clue I know they were only on for a short time

Comment

I quit watching hunting shows on tv several years ago, every once in a while I’ll go back to it, and it doesn’t take long to remember why!

Comment

Watching hunting shows on TV only convinces me that you absolutely have to have a big red wagon to haul all of the essential items required to kill a deer to your (insert brand of choice) fabricated blind. And it is impossible to kill a deer without these products.

Comment

I hadn't watched a hunting show in years, yesterday afternoon I came in from working on some bows, there was absolutely nothing I wanted to watch on TV. I don't remember the channel or the show but I thought what the heck, there was a bow hunter in a tree that gut shot a buck really far back. They took off went and had lunch, took a nap giving the poor buck time to expire (which we should all do) They didn't say how far they had to track the buck before finding him. Good gosh, we've all misplaced an arrow, but we sure don't want to broadcast it nationwide. This just gives the nubies a excuse to take a bad shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X