Ft Worth Stockyards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ft Worth Stockyards

For some reason that is where my wife wants to go for our anniversary weekend get away which is next weekend. Hey, if that is all it takes to make her happy....look out Stockyards here we come but... what are some things to do, places to eat, things to see

Unless you visit Billy Bob's Texas on Friday during the day, Midland is playing that night and they are sold out. Also on Saturday, it is a Hispanic Reunion show that night. However, you can visit during the day before 5 pm all weekend if you wish.

Comment

Coopers Real Pit BBQ that shares the BBT parking lot is fairly good. To do anything, I just typically walk Exchange and Main. Downtown is right down the road and you can also explore downtown if you wish.

Comment

White Elephant is a pretty cool bar. Joe T's or Dos Hermanos is the mexican food around there. I like Dos Hermanos better- Joe T's is more of a tourist spot IMO.

Comment

We spent afternoon there after TTHA a few years ago. Ate at H3s which was good and emptied the lone star well at the basement bar. Had a blast really

Comment

My typical schedule was:

Dinner at H3
            White Elephant
            Basement Bar to end night

Comment

Hands down the BEST place to eat and so overlooked is the Star Café on Exchange. Best Ribeye's in Texas. The star burger is off the hook. It's on West side of main street, all the others mentioned above are just tourist traps and over rated!

Comment

We were in Fort Worth a few weeks ago for a conference. Enjoyed a very nice dinner at Lonesome Dove at the Stockyards. Great people watching at the Stockyards. The little museum in the Exchange Building is worth the $2 donation entry. We were disappointed in that almost all the stores sold the exact same stereotypical texas tourism stuff. Except Leddys but good luck affording anything there.

Comment

White Elephant for live music. My buddy plays there. look for Steve Carrassco playing. Across the street from here is a kewl ol' hotel.

Comment

My wife and I really like Lonesome Dove. It is really good and serves wild game meat, but a little pricey. Joe-Ts is more of a bar than a real sit down to eat. It only has 3 things on the menu and takes forever to get inside. It is a once and done kind of place. Billy Bobs has bull riding every Friday night, but there is also a rodeo at the arena on the weekends.

Comment

Horseshoe on the Hill is best restaurant down there! one of the best chicken fry's ever!! good steaks as well. you wont be dissapointed

Comment

Lonesome Dove is a nice place with great food. It's a Tim Love restaurant who is somewhat of a local celebrity chef. He has a couple of restaurants in Ft. Worth.
                        Billy Bob's sucks as a concert venue. For night life stuff, I'd start at White Elephant. Live music there 7 days a week.
                        Then, I'd move to Cadillac Cantina and Rodeo Exchange. The Cooper's BBQ down there is pretty descent, but is not near as good as the original Coopers in Llano.

Comment

I took my wife to lonesome dove bistro for our anniversary a few years ago. I called and made a reservation saying it was my anniversary. Food was good and they even surprised us with a free desert that had sparklers lit on it and bubbly. Not many places do that so I appreciated it.

Comment

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
                            Horseshoe on the Hill is best restaurant down there! one of the best chicken fry's ever!! good steaks as well. you wont be dissapointed
                            This is a fact!

We were downtown last weekend and stayed an evening. We went to a seafood restaurant called "Waters" and it was delicious. Right off Sundance Square. We had lunch Sunday at Lucille's, which was really good as well.

The absolute best enchiladas I have ever had are at a place called Enchiladas Ole.

Comment

Waters is owned by chef bonnell. He also owns Bonnells in ft worth which serves wild game and is great also. I had pronghorn backstrap when I went.

Comment

Working...
                              X