[emoji35]computers[emoji30]ip address conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[emoji35]computers[emoji30]ip address conflict

We have a digital x-ray machine at our office. And about once a month it has the following picture that pops up. Due to the conflict this keeps the x-rays from saving properly.
    Sometimes I can unplug the modem and router's along with the computer, and then plug them all back in and restart the computer and it will work. Today I unplug the modem and router multiple times without any success. I turn the computer off multiple times without any success. It keeps populating the same area. The computer will link up to the Internet with Google.com but once I try to load the x-rays properly this error pops up. Then kicks this off the Internet. It is driving us crazy

Any idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmd: ipconfig /release

Ipconfig /renew

Maybe?

Comment

I have no idea what that means. Where would I typed that

Comment

Command prompt.

Comment

Thanks

Type that in and click enter?

Comment

Ipconfig /release [enter] wait a bit....

That frees it from the IP address

Ipconfig /renew [enter] wait a bit

Gets a new IP address assigned

Comment

If that doesn't work you may have to give the x-ray machine a static IP address to keep it from conflicting.

Comment

How could I get a static ip

I don't mind it never changing

Comment

Usually it is in your router settings. There should be a page/tab for dhcp in the router setup. You would do it in the dhcp settings.

What kind of router do you have?

Comment

I'll have to check Wednesday. Let me try this other first

Comment

For sure, I'd try the release/renew thing first and hopefully that will fix it. If it doesn't you can pm me with your router type and I'll try to help you.

I haven't been in the It field for a while but this is the type of stuff I did for 10 years before I changed careers.

Comment

TBH members are great

Comment

Nerds....

Just kidding. Good on ya Josh for helping out. I'm like the OP and always resort to the "power off power on method".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

An IP address conflict means that two devices on your network are trying to use the same IP address. Look in your router for the DHCP range that it is handing out. There is usually headroom. For example if your network is 192.168.0.1 then usually the DHCP pool starts at 192.168.0.25-100. That gives you 75 devices possible at once on the network. You can take the advice above and set the xray machine to static IP, just use an address that is outside of the DHCP pool and the problem is solved. For example 192.168.0.150 You will need to copy the Subnet (usually 255.255.255.0), Gateway, and DNS from before you change it. Those all need to be the same. To set DHCP or static on a Windows computer, open control panel, go to network, right click on your ethernet connection, highlight IPV4, click properties. Use the radio buttons to change it to static.
                            Hope that helps.

Comment

I also noticed you have VNC running. Does someone remote in to this machine for support reasons? If not, you need to get rid of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X