Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-15-2019, 06:03 AM   #1
BobbyJoe
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mills County
Default New Zealand Shooting

Wish all of this would end - it's a sad world we live in. Prayers for all of those involved.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/multip...hooting-police
Attached Images

BobbyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 06:09 AM   #2
scott1022
Six Point

Hunt In: Louisiana

Sad indeed.
scott1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 06:35 AM   #3
cantexduck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: all over central Texas

Sad . He did video it. It was on a racist website last night. It is now pulled though. Guy used three different guns , each had writing all over it. He was in and out of the mosque for five minutes. No sirens heard in the video.
cantexduck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #4
JMKro
Four Point

Hunt In: Shelby, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJoe View Post
Wish all of this would end - it's a sad world we live in. Prayers for all of those involved.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/multip...hooting-police
Agreed. The amount of hatred some people have against those who are different than them blows my mind sometimes
JMKro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 06:53 AM   #5
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

I just saw the video. He used 3 in what i saw but he had at least that many more. Slaughter isnt even what happened.

People ask why I wanted a short AR for a truck gun. This is why. The dude is literally unchallenged

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 06:55 AM   #6
Iehooligan11b
Ten Point

It was hard to watch people just crawl up in a ball and wait for their bullet. One guy rushed him and the shooter was knocked down and if more people would’ve done the same I think the outcome would have been much different. Supposedly at the second mosque shooting someone returned fire and the shooter fled.
Iehooligan11b is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 07:31 AM   #7
Stoof
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Will work for hunts.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Every act of political terrorism usually has the opposite effect of the desired outcome.
It breaks my heart and I just don't understand how people can have so much disdain for their fellow man. It also furthers my belief that the right to self defense is inalienable.
It is a sad state of affairs.
Stoof is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #8
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

When Democrats ask why we need "x" amount of bullets, this is the answer! Further disarming of law abiding citizens enables this kind of crap to happen!
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 07:47 AM   #9
-HIC-
Eight Point

Hunt In: Willow City & Junction

The video is disturbing, but does in fact show the majority killed where huddled in two separate spots yards from each other. The guy literally walked up to each huddled group and executed all of them.

The shooter was rushed by, or at least knocked off balance, by one guy fleeing at a doorway. If three more of the huddled would have been with him it could have been ended there by overpowering the POS scumbag.

Any return fire in this situation would have been good. This guy was unchallenged even when driving off. I have a short truck AR but have not found a great way to lock it up while having quick access. Given how confined the main shooting location was anyone with a handgun would have at least gone down fighting and could have likely ended the attack. The problem with relying on door security is shown in the vid. He was prepared for that and took out three people at the door immediately with a shotgun.

I hate to say it but this guy live streaming gives all of us an insight into what to do; better to die rushing the guy than huddled in a corner waiting on your bullet. I think all video of these mass shootings should be made available to the public. It is a slap in the face wake up call that doing nothing is the worst thing possible in these cases. I know people say it glorifies the act; however, if it mentally prepares a few people to act and save lives it is worth it. Police departments see these videos in order to know how to respond. The problem is the best first responders are already on-seen and huddled in groups.

Prayers for all the victims and their families.
-HIC- is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 07:56 AM   #10
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Is there a link to the video? I think I want to see it so I can better be able to tell my family what to do if this happens
Old 03-15-2019, 08:05 AM   #11
coop2564
Ten Point

Hunt In: STX, E. Texas and Louisiana!

My son is their in Christchurch he said people are shocked and very sad.
coop2564 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 08:06 AM   #12
-HIC-
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Is there a link to the video? I think I want to see it so I can better be able to tell my family what to do if this happens
It is up on PirateBay and several other deep web sites. PM inbound with the link for a regular address. if you get 503, that does not mean the server is down it is just heavy traffic - just re-fresh until it loads.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:08 AM   #13
ramrod
Six Point

And to think New Zealand has rather strict gun laws.
ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #14
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

That's as bad as it gets.. Horrible situation.. They were sitting ducks..
Many church goers that I know carry for this exact reason including myself..
One or two with a gun, that could shoot, could have stopped him..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 08:44 AM   #15
Clay C
Ten Point

It's absolutely terrible. There are truly evil people in this world. It seems through his manifesto that one of his main goals was to help along a gun ban in the U.S. in order to start a civil war.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 09:26 AM   #16
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
It's absolutely terrible. There are truly evil people in this world. It seems through his manifesto that one of his main goals was to help along a gun ban in the U.S. in order to start a civil war.
I'm not sure how he figured that shooting up New Zealand has an affect on anything in the US but I'm sure someone in the MSM is going run with it..
So yea maybe so..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #17
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
I'm not sure how he figured that shooting up New Zealand has an affect on anything in the US but I'm sure someone in the MSM is going run with it..
So yea maybe so..
It was in his manifesto. It has been removed from a lot of places but is still out there. He spoke a lot of U.S. politics. He even stated he was a fan of Trump as a symbol of white nationalism but as a leader he strongly disliked him. It was long. Real long. Truly evil, sick individual.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #18
ATI
Ten Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

Very classy y'all. I applaud and take my hat off to you for this thread and posts. These were not Christians, they were Muslims, yet you all still have it in your hearts to say nice things and relate to the victims and their families.
I was born a Muslim, not by choice but my parents gave me the right to choose and I chose to despise Islam (and pretty much all other religions), but it angers me more to see the amount of ignorance and hate towards Muslims in the west (and vice versa when I go to a Muslim country)
I appreciate you all and I'm glad there's still fairness, justice and unbiased sympathy in the world.

Thank you!

Last edited by ATI; 03-15-2019 at 09:36 AM.
ATI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #19
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

This is how you start WW3............
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #20
-HIC-
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI View Post
Very classy y'all. I applaud and take my hat off to you for this thread and posts. These were not Christians, they were Muslims, yet you all still have it in your hearts to say nice things and relate to the victims and their families.
I was born a Muslim, not by choice but my parents gave me the right to choose and I chose to despise Islam (and pretty much all other religions), but it angers me more to see the amount of ignorance and hate towards Muslims in the west (and vice versa when I go to a Muslim country)
I appreciate you all and I'm glad there's still fairness, justice and unbiased sympathy in the world.

Thank you!
Their faith did not even cross my mind until you posted this up. This is a sick individual with twisted and deep seeded mental issues. I don't hate any person for skin color or religion. I strongly dislike any individual that wants to harm our country or refuses to assimilate to our culture.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #21
Charles
Pope & Young

Senseless act of hate.

Prayers sent.
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #22
hog_down
Eight Point

Quote:
Thank you!
Well said, sir.

It saddens me that this is slowly becoming the norm worldwide, and a bunch of innocent people who were in a house of worship had to die. Don't think I want, or even could watch the video of the massacre. I read somewhere that sometimes the police in New Zealand don't even carry guns, because everything is so peaceful there, which is depressing in itself. Prayers for the victims.
hog_down is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #23
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca County

just another cowardly P O S
Crazy Horse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #24
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Quote:

Thank you!
Yessir! right and wrong is not a religion
Old 03-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #25
jer_james
Pope & Young

Terrible situation for all those Families - Just horrible.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #26
Slick8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

Very sad deal.

This makes it a safe operating environment for the cowards doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
Slick8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #27
flyby
Ten Point

Hunt In: Parker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HIC- View Post
Police departments see these videos in order to know how to respond. The problem is the best first responders are already on-seen and huddled in groups.

Disagree only with this part. First training on Active Shooters was wait until 4 officers on scene to go in with 360 degree coverage to address the shooter. Now that seems to be changing to every officer goes in to address, individually if necessary, to end the gunfight. Hopefully what you described didn't occur in this case.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #28
rladner
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
Disagree only with this part. First training on Active Shooters was wait until 4 officers on scene to go in with 360 degree coverage to address the shooter. Now that seems to be changing to every officer goes in to address, individually if necessary, to end the gunfight. Hopefully what you described didn't occur in this case.
I think he was referring to the victims as the first responders.
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 10:32 AM   #29
ATI
Ten Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

Quote:
what do you know anyway!!!!

ATI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 10:36 AM   #30
-HIC-
Eight Point

Quote:
Ahh, I was not talking about police. You guys are great, once onsite, and the new tactics seem to be saving life.

I was referencing the victims in these shootings as the first responders since their life is on the line already.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #31
Txsurveyor2014
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma and Angelina County

Very sad and disturbing event. Prayers for the victims families and I agree with most everyone, that if you ever needed a reason to own, train with, and carry a weapon then this is it. These types of situations will continue to occur, but at a much smaller scale if people are allowed to defend themselves and others before the authorities arrive by being armed everywhere you go.
Txsurveyor2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #32
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Psychotic mentally ill twisted man.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 11:15 AM   #33
profish2004
Six Point

Hunt In: Leon County

Saddens me and disgust me at the same time. I would've never imagined I see in my lifetime the disdain for human life. The world has gone mad.
profish2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #34
UltraMax
Ten Point

I watched it l. ONE guy tried to rush him and take the shooter down. Had three more people thought like that guy lots more people would not have died.
UltraMax is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #35
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
Source for your understanding of new zealand gun laws? i read that one of the people attending the prayer was armed and shot back at the perp.

i personally know nothing of new zealand gun laws but seems many on here do.
TeamAmerica is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #36
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by profish2004 View Post
Saddens me and disgust me at the same time. I would've never imagined I see in my lifetime the disdain for human life. The world has gone mad.

The world has always been a screwed up place. We just have more outlets to hear about happenings more frequently and instantly. We are currently living in the best time in human existence (although I do believe that is being threatened). Do not buy into the narrative that the world is going to &%^(. That is exactly what people like this scumbag shooter want.

Last edited by Clay C; 03-15-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #37
billythefish
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HIC- View Post
The video is disturbing, but does in fact show the majority killed where huddled in two separate spots yards from each other. The guy literally walked up to each huddled group and executed all of them.

The shooter was rushed by, or at least knocked off balance, by one guy fleeing at a doorway. If three more of the huddled would have been with him it could have been ended there by overpowering the POS scumbag.

Any return fire in this situation would have been good. This guy was unchallenged even when driving off. I have a short truck AR but have not found a great way to lock it up while having quick access. Given how confined the main shooting location was anyone with a handgun would have at least gone down fighting and could have likely ended the attack. The problem with relying on door security is shown in the vid. He was prepared for that and took out three people at the door immediately with a shotgun.

I hate to say it but this guy live streaming gives all of us an insight into what to do; better to die rushing the guy than huddled in a corner waiting on your bullet. I think all video of these mass shootings should be made available to the public. It is a slap in the face wake up call that doing nothing is the worst thing possible in these cases. I know people say it glorifies the act; however, if it mentally prepares a few people to act and save lives it is worth it. Police departments see these videos in order to know how to respond. The problem is the best first responders are already on-seen and huddled in groups.

been in many shootings have you?
billythefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #38
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by billythefish View Post
He never claimed to form his opinion based on 1st hand experience. He clearly stated what he observed from the video.

I know you have worked security and have military experience. Are you trained to huddle in a corner and cry and pray to ward off an armed assailant?
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #39
UltraMax
Ten Point

Somehow, this is Trump’s fault.
UltraMax is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #40
billythefish
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
He never claimed to form his opinion based on 1st hand experience. He clearly stated what he observed from the video.

I know you have worked security and have military experience. Are you trained to huddle in a corner and cry and pray to ward off an armed assailant?
then how the **** is he qualified to suggest what should be done in that circumstance? Pretty **** disrespectful to pretty much every mass shooting thus far to suggest he knows how to prevent it don't ya think???

Love hearing people talk about what to do when the rounds are going down when they haven't been involved with it themselves. Pathetic.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #41
ca1219
Four Point

Quote:
then how the **** is he qualified to suggest what should be done in that circumstance? Pretty **** disrespectful to pretty much every mass shooting thus far to suggest he knows how to prevent it don't ya think???

Love hearing people talk about what to do when the rounds are going down when they haven't been involved with it themselves. Pathetic.

I am assuming you only speak on matters you are qualified to speak on then?
ca1219 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-15-2019, 01:54 PM   #42
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

He never said he knows how to prevent it. He said that we could learn from the video. As disturbing and tragic as it is, it could be used as a learning tool for LEO or concerned citizens.

Maybe you should come down off the high horse you seem to be strapped too. Other people have opinions on things. It happens. At least this time you didn't put words in his mouth in an attempt to make him look racist like you did in the pollution thread.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #43
billythefish
Four Point

Quote:
He never said he knows how to prevent it. He said that we could learn from the video. As disturbing and tragic as it is, it could be used as a learning tool for LEO or concerned citizens.

Maybe you should come down off the high horse you seem to be strapped too. Other people have opinions on things. It happens. At least this time you didn't put words in his mouth in an attempt to make him look racist like you did in the pollution thread.
he never merely said we could learn: "given how confined the main shooting location was anyone with a handgun would have at least gone down fighting and could have likely ended the attack. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1219 View Post
I am assuming you only speak on matters you are qualified to speak on then?
Yes walk into a bar and tell a veteran or cop how you think combat and shooting situations should be dealt with and let me know how that goes. If you want to become a subject matter in all things that go bang or bleed then get the necessary training shut the **** up. In fact, go tell the victims of their families they should have done something differently. Don't pretend this is any different simply because it is on an internet forum.

Last edited by billythefish; 03-15-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:22 PM   #44
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Yes walk into a bar and tell a veteran or cop how you think combat and shooting situations should be dealt with and let me know how that goes. In fact, go tell the victims of their families they should have done something differently. Don't pretend this is any different simply because it is on an internet forum.

Okay. I will. I have several Veteran and Cop friends. In fact, i'll probably go down the hall into one of the several Veteran's offices here and have a conversation with them about it. I bet they will gladly partake in a discussion about it. You see, a lot of Veterans and Cops are rational people that like discussion.

Cops show up after the bullets start flying. It's important for us lowly civilians to use any opportunity we can to learn something that may save our lives.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #45
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
he never merely said we could learn: "given how confined the main shooting location was anyone with a handgun would have at least gone down fighting and could have likely ended the attack. "
Thinking about something that could be done in a similar future situation. That's sounds like it fits the definition of something. Hold on I'll be right back. A light bulb just went off in my head but I need my dictionary.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:25 PM   #46
billythefish
Four Point

Quote:
Okay. I will. I have several Veteran and Cop friends. In fact, i'll probably go down the hall into one of the several Veteran's offices here and have a conversation with them about it. I bet they will gladly partake in a discussion about it. You see, a lot of Veterans and Cops are rational people that like discussion.

Cops show up after the bullets start flying. It's important for us lowly civilians to use any opportunity we can to learn something that may save our lives.
there is a difference between rational discussion and someone telling everyone how things should be in a fire fight. you see the difference???

I see you are saying 'lowly civilians' to insinuate i think less of/think a civilian has no capability of self defense...clearly not the case.

"You see', there is a difference between carrying something for your own protection and telling everyone what you would do and people should do in a hostile situation.

The person is not qualified through experience or study to decide what one should do in a ****ing contact. You wanna go ahead and quarterback a surgeon???
Old 03-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #47
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
there is a difference between rational discussion and someone telling everyone how things should be in a fire fight. you see the difference???

I see you are saying 'lowly civilians' to insinuate i think less of/think a civilian has no capability of self defense...clearly not the case.

"You see', there is a difference between carrying something for your own protection and telling everyone what you would do and people should do in a hostile situation.

The person is not qualified through experience or study to decide what one should do in a ****ing contact. You wanna go ahead and quarterback a surgeon???

No. Because I will never find myself performing surgery. I could find myself in a situation where i'm getting shot at. So if we shouldn't think or talk about these things, are you willing to educate us on the matter?
Old 03-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #48
billythefish
Four Point

Quote:
No. Because I will never find myself performing surgery. I could find myself in a situation where i'm getting shot at. So if we shouldn't think or talk about these things, are you willing to educate us on the matter?
whether you will find yourself doing surgery or not was not the point- it was that someone who isnt qualified to be a surgeon isn't someone I want telling me how to perform one!
Old 03-15-2019, 02:39 PM   #49
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
whether you will find yourself doing surgery or not was not the point- it was that someone who isnt qualified to be a surgeon isn't someone I want telling me how to perform one!

Okay. So then instead of calling him pathetic and using profanity right out of the gate, how about you try correcting him or telling him what may be a good or bad idea? I'm sure he would be appreciative for the opportunity to learn, as we all would.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #50
RJH1
Ten Point

Quote:
So what did he say that you disagree with? Is it better to die huddled in a corner than fighting back? Has huddling and praying stopped any mass shootings? Would firing back at the shooter not have at least slowed him down a little? I would really like to know what in your opinion is the thing to do?

None of this is as smarta s s as it sounds, but i think all these questions are valid. I didn't take his post as trying to tell everyone what to do, just what he though should possibly be done, if he is way off base, let us know what your training/opinion says we should do, i genuinely would like to know
RJH1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top