Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Young County is getting some rain, and A LOT of lightening this morning. Interesting walk in today.

I think I hear something in the corn but can’t make out what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not quite

Comment

Good luck ...2 inches of rain in NE Jack county and just planted food plots a second time Wednesday !!!

Comment

I'm gad we are finally getting some rain in Jack County, I hope our seed pulls through, it's been in the ground since the second week of October!

Comment

Originally posted by Merrick7.3 View Post
            Im out in Graham, started mixing in protein and corn and the deer wont touch the protein..
            Why is that??
            I'm northwest of Graham and my deer can't get enough of it. Just give it some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
              I'm northwest of Graham and my deer can't get enough of it. Just give it some time.
              I had protein out for a year and they never touched it in northwest Jack Co. I dumped it out and fed it to the pigs, then filled the gravity feeder with corn and soybean mixed. I can't keep that thing full at this point.

I may try protein again but for now they are enjoying the corn soybean mix.

Comment

what brand you running ? I run antler max and go through 6000lbs minimum per year depending on rain.

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
                  what brand you running ? I run antler max and go through 6000lbs minimum per year depending on rain.
                  It was Antler Max, we tried it as it's highly recommended. May even try again, but it sat untouched all of last year. That's just my experience, not trying to bash it in anyway. They just didn't take to it.

Comment

Rain Rain Rain. Our wheat has already come up 4-5 inches with the dew and moisture in the ground when they planted. It needed this to really kick it into gear. The oats on the other side of the road were just broadcasted on the ground last Saturday. We will see if they take off now.

We stopped protein in September. We only had it behind the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
                      I feed Antler Max in three timed feeders on 640 acres. The feeders are only open during the day and I went through 22,000 pounds from Jan - Sept.

Comment

Seen an Axis doe on FM 2210 just North of Gibtown Wednesday morning, maybe she can draw more into Jack Cty Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Not quite

Healthy looking deer Dale. Good luck this weekend!

I might head north later today if nothing comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            Rain Rain Rain. Our wheat has already come up 4-5 inches with the dew and moisture in the ground when they planted. It needed this to really kick it into gear. The oats on the other side of the road were just broadcasted on the ground last Saturday. We will see if they take off now.

We stopped protein in September. We only had it behind the trailer.
                            Sure hope we got the rain, our wheat was planted a couple weeks back

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              Sure hope we got the rain, our wheat was planted a couple weeks back
                              We have a camera on Potato Hill and it rained hard there for 1.5 hours. 3/4 of a mile from you. Surely it got yall too. Jimmy came by and ate dinner with us a couple of weeks ago and said yall had planted. Hope its chin high in a week.

Comment

We got 1.3" at our place in Clay County

Comment

Working...
                                X