Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    I'm no pope and young official but came out at 168 3/8, native low fence and minimal protein fed.
    35" mass
    Only 16 5/8 wide
    23 6/8 on left beam
    G2-G4 on right side were all over 9"

I'll probably do a thread for him with full score sheet and history included soon. May even add the video if I can figure out how to edit the audio so I can make it PG rated.
    Heckuva buck,Jack I’m very happy for ya and glad to be a part of it!

Comment

Heck of a deer - low fence giant. - I hunt Irion county as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your gonna hurt my professional photographers feelings critiquing his work

Does photo shop have a magic pen to get rid of the dust on my shirt? I didn't realize I had pulled a Sherman Klump and rubbed my belly on the dusty truck. Too much excitement I guess.

Comment

Your gonna hurt my professional photographers feelings critiquing his work

Does photo shop have a magic pen to get rid of the dust on my shirt? I didn't realize I had pulled a Sherman Klump and rubbed my belly on the dusty truck. Too much excitement I guess.

That a tough one because of all the wrinkles....

I did what I could in a pinch and quickly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jack deer2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	24633922

Comment

I'm no pope and young official but came out at 168 3/8, native low fence and minimal protein fed.
            35" mass
            Only 16 5/8 wide
            23 6/8 on left beam

I'll probably do a thread for him with full score sheet and history included soon. May even add the video if I can figure out how to edit the audio so I can make it PG rated.

Freakin awesome man! What a deer. Congrats again sir!

Comment

35" mass
              Only 16 5/8 wide
              23 6/8 on left beam

Yea he is legit.. That is some serious mass.. Great buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                We had a fire on our ranch and our neighbors today. Grape Creek, Carlsbad and Water Valley responded. We are very much in debt to them. Luckily there was only about 15ac by best estimate. We think it started by a lightening strike from last night.

I was driving in from Ft. Stockton, I worked a 24hr ER shift there last night. Before Barnhart I stopped to help a deer stuck in a fence, which I got him out. He was worn out, but no fracture or dislocation on my exam. I called the Crockett co. Game warden and he was going to check on the young deer and monitor him. This delayed me home by about 30mins. As I am coming in the back way from Mertzon to our ranch I see a huge plume of gray/white smoke or dust. I thought it was maybe the caliche pit on our ranch detonating but then I saw flame. I got within sight of the flare up exactly when it started because I had stopped to pull that deer out of the fence, thank goodness.

I sped up and drove through the pit trying to call for help and find somebody to confirm fire versus rock detonation and call the fire department. Somehow my wife and FIL had seen a small puff of smoke and he scrambled the plane. It wasn't but less than 10mins Carlsbad VFD had arrived and we started moving in.

I didn't get but an hour or two of sleep in the middle of the night during my shift, so 40hrs later, I'm getting a ranch water and a cold beer and hopefully going to bed. Pics to follow.

PS This was the second fire of the day, there was one earlier on our neighbors/cousins place on our north side. All under 20ac each with minimal spread.

And if you think I look like **** in that pic, you should see me now!

Totally off topic but I'm starting medical school next fall! I was going to ask how much you were able to hunt during med school/residency if at all lol

Comment

Does anywhere near Angelo carry rice bran? My local source was out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post

Grogans does buddy. They’re high, but they do carry it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                      Grogans does buddy. They’re high, but they do carry it.
                      Thanks Hunter!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post

Palmers

Comment

Awesome KactusKiller. Thats a freaking stud!!

Comment

“Corona pic”
                            Wow Jack! That is an outstanding buck! Congratulations buddy!

Comment

I was able to take a doe at the lease 2 weeks ago and got a beautiful Blackbuck last Saturday. Deer have been slow at the feeders the last few weeks due to the acorns.

Comment

Zach, I need to know what your secret is, your about to wether up and blow away man.
                                Congrats on the animals.

Comment

Working...
                                X