Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
    Man that was a tough hunt, we were fortunate enough to land a nice doe, had an opportunity of 2 doe's coming down a trail which would've given me a 12yd shot, I drew back as I was in a really nice brush blind under a tree, clipped a twig and they both took off for about 20yds. They both ended up working their way back across my field of view and shooting lane which was about 2-3 feet wide and she stopped at the brush line which I had ranged at 44yds, adjusted sight when I knew she was walking the brush line i ranged, drew back and let her fly and it couldn't have been any more perfect of a shot, complete pass through on the pump station and she ran no more then 20yds and there she laid. the last hour on our last evening of the trip and it felt so good to be rewarded with the opportunity after 4 longgggg days of hard hunting. Frustration, dehydration, blisters, thorns, mosquitoes, chiggers, snakes, more thorns, no sighting of any animals, a ton of orange everywhere, muddy swampy tall grass, and in the end it was so worth it and id do this hunt 100 times over. love this place. 31.38 miles on foot throughout those days. We definitely did not slack on the working end for it. and if it wasn't for me and my hunting partner continuously pushing each other through those hard frustrating moments then it would not have gone as it did. DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS HUNT. Hope to get drawn again as we learned a lot this year and just built up more knowledge of this place to come back even stronger next year.

Way to stick it out and make a great shot, congrats!

What unit were you hunting in? Did yall hunt any other units?

Comment

Great shot and congratulations...... Second chances aren't unplanned.....God is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
        Same here..
        Will try to write something up tomorrow, just got back to my place in DFW. It has been a long 7 days. Looks like a bunch of rain on the way up here, so good excuse to relax and catch up on things.

Comment

I'm on the road! Good luck to all the other green screen hunters!

..unless you're about to kill one that's coming my way...lol!

Comment

I'll be banging away on the ducks but will stay out of Rattlesnake on Saturday and Sunday for those of you attempting to hunt Horsehead. Be prepared for a bunch of duck hunters and some airboats in that bay. There was someone stalking the entire south side of it (horsehead) last Saturday and I didn't see him push anything out. I was fishing a hundred yards or so off the bank.

Comment

Here for Orientation now, but did some exploring this morning and found me what looks to be a promising spot a few miles away from the roads we can drive on so hopefully I won't be surrounded by orange in the morning. Set up a pop up under a tree and brushed it in with a pile of dead limbs that was laying around tree.
              It is about 20 yards off a natural game trail with alot tracks on it. We will see what happens. Of course there are tracks all over the place. Definitely challenging terrain on a bike. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Haunting View Post
                Here for Orientation now, but did some exploring this morning and found me what looks to be a promising spot a few miles away from the roads we can drive on so hopefully I won't be surrounded by orange in the morning. Set up a pop up under a tree and brushed it in with a pile of dead limbs that was laying around tree.
                It is about 20 yards off a natural game trail with alot tracks on it. We will see what happens. Of course there are tracks all over the place. Definitely challenging terrain on a bike. Good luck everyone!
                Were you the one that asked about using dead branches and they told no?

Wish they would’ve kicked the guy out arguing with the wardens about the motorized bikes! Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post

Wish they would’ve kicked the guy out arguing with the wardens about the motorized bikes! Good luck tomorrow.
                  You better kill something, Red.
                  Or you're going to hear it from me!

I'll have my pat on the backs waiting...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone using Bobcat road, be careful. Somebody has set a popup 20 yds off the road part way down. When passing sing your favorite song out loud, LOUD so they don't mistake you for an orange Nilgai!

Comment

Sorry about loud children I was on daddy duty and dads gotta do what a dads gotta do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                        You better kill something, Red.
                        Or you're going to hear it from me!

I'll have my pat on the backs waiting...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hopefully so! Lol

Comment

Last year the laguna master and I ran into the guy with the motorized bike. He told us “sucks to be you.” Later they were looking for his ***. Ran into him today and I was like “oh yeah your the same guy from last year.” Seems like he was begging to have his permit removed.

Comment

Y'all talking about Mr. Lawyer? Lol That orientation was entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post

Yes that was me, going have to put everything back the way found it tomorrow.

I agree about the guy that wanted to argue. Good luck to you as well!
                              Last edited by Haunting; 12-06-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

That guy with the motorized bike permit arguing with the wardens was a moron. Come on buddy, we want to go scout a little.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X