Need to buy New Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to buy New Arrows

Gentleman, I am shooting a Mathews' Vertix at 28" draw, 65lbs. I'm showing speeds of 278-282 fps. I have been using 27 5/8" Easton Axis 400 spined arrows. Shooting 100 grain tips. Looking at buying another dozen and not sure if I need to move to a heavier spine?

I would love to stick with the 400s since I have several left that will become dedicated target sticks but curious what the brain trust recommends?

340 is what im showing. But if they shoot great for you then your getting the result you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
      340 is what im showing. But if they shoot great for you then your getting the result you want.
      I saw the same thing... . accuracy is good. But I am still getting the react site dialed in for way out there....what should I look for as evidence of an under spined arrow?

Comment

Check with muddyfuzzy here. He made me some be carnivores with high foc that are shooting great.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

At 30 yards can you get a fixed blade broadhead and FP to hit in the same spot? Most of the time I can’t get a bow to broadhead tune with an underspined arrow

Paper tuning will tell you this as well

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
            At 30 yards can you get a fixed blade broadhead and FP to hit in the same spot? Most of the time I can’t get a bow to broadhead tune with an underspined arrow

Paper tuning will tell you this as well

I haven't tried either sir. I shoot the blasted Rage broadheads and have been pretty satisfied with them. Thank you for the input. I will definitely try that before I buy the new arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
              Check with muddyfuzzy here. He made me some be carnivores with high foc that are shooting great.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Have some Black Eagle Spartans headed my way from muddyfuzzy...470 @ 15.5%

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post

Have some Black Eagle Spartans headed my way from muddyfuzzy...470 @ 15.5%
                Those look great! I sent you a pm!

Comment

Love the black eagles

Comment

I shoot your same setup but 29 inch draw and I shoot the Axis 340s. I am also moving up to a 125 grain head. I have only shot field points in the 125 weight, but looks like they are shooting good.

Comment

I shoot the same bow but 70lb and I have axis 340’s with 100gr head, I do have an extra 1” on my arrows though. I can hit same spots at 30 all day with field tip and broad head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have the capability I’d recommend building your own just because you can play with insert weights and point weights with all that being said I highly recommend black eagle rampages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was able to get em built. Just waiting for a day off to rezero everything.

Comment

I would think 340’s. It’s always heard it’s a little bit better to be over-spined than under-spined.

Comment

Muddy fuzzy is the easiest option. Of course a little more foc never hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X