No announcement yet.

Alamo Precision rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm already saving in case they do another TBH build I'm getting in on it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
      I would like one. But I also like to feed my children.

Your comment adds nothing to this thread. APR rifles are EXTREMELY affordable in the world of custom/semi custom guns.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I've got 3 of them, .25-06 Ackley Improved, .264 Winchester Magnum, 7mm-08. All are tack drivers.

Comment

Look up the "guns of apr" thread in the firearms forum. Lots of pics if groups and such in there. I've got 3 from them. 6mm creedmoor, 280 AI, and a 300 win mag. Only the 280 AI was "finicky" and by that i mean it shot everything i put through it .75" to 1" but it took some load tinkering to make it shoot 1/4 to 3/8" groups. The other 2 shoot 1/4" with factory ammo. And i shot a 4" group at 1000 yds with the 6 creed and factory ammo.

Fit and finish is as good as anybody, and their prices are **** hard to beat. Good people too

Comment

Sierracharlie- I'm terribly sorry to have wasted your time with my needless post. I will reflect more on my contributions to threads in the future before posting. You obviously have a refined appreciation for custom rifles that is above my level of sophistication. Thank you for the "life coaching of sorts."

TXbowman out...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              You must be new here

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              Yeah... At least everyone is being nice

Comment

both mine shoot 1/2MOA. They are great rifles, and for the money they can't be beat. I am about to pull the trigger on another one.

Comment

I have been seriously thinking about get one built as well and now reading this I will. Since we are on the subject let me ask you guys what caliber would you get it in? I hunt here in texas but have a elk hunt booked for next year and I want to start hunting more out west and get into long range shooting. I already have a 6.5 creedmoor, 257 weatherby, 308, 7mm mag, and 300wsm. I'm left handed all my rifles are right handed so that's why my next rifle will be left handed and might as well get it custom made.

Comment

Sierracharlie- I'm terribly sorry to have wasted your time with my needless post. I will reflect more on my contributions to threads in the future before posting. You obviously have a refined appreciation for custom rifles that is above my level of sophistication. Thank you for the "life coaching of sorts."

TXbowman out...
                    It's not the waste of time... This whole site is a time suck

It's the arrogance of your assumption that you know what is good for people and thier families. That people would either Spend money instead of taking care of their family.

You have no clue thier means, don't assume because you can't or WONT spend the money that there is something wrong with someone else's choice to buy what they want. You come across as trying to belittle them by thier choice of purchase. Quit that cr@p... It's not for here

Comment

Honestly I had no intention on criticizing a person for their choices. I would like to have a custom rifle. I said in jetting way that I would like one but that its not in my budget. To the OP if I came across as critical than I apologize. Seriously not my intention.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksprings2017 View Post
                        I have been seriously thinking about get one built as well and now reading this I will. Since we are on the subject let me ask you guys what caliber would you get it in? I hunt here in texas but have a elk hunt booked for next year and I want to start hunting more out west and get into long range shooting. I already have a 6.5 creedmoor, 257 weatherby, 308, 7mm mag, and 300wsm. I'm left handed all my rifles are right handed so that's why my next rifle will be left handed and might as well get it custom made.
                        I was on the same position as you. Left hand shooting and all my rifles are right handed. I got a 300wm from APR and kept it right hand, now from the
                        list that you provided my guess will be 300 PRC or 30 Nosler.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                          I was on the same position as you. Left hand shooting and all my rifles are right handed. I got a 300wm from APR and kept it right hand, now from the
                          list that you provided my guess will be 300 PRC or 30 Nosler.
                          Thanks for the response RF76 aren't those calibers too much for deer hunting here in texas? I probably should have mentioned that I want something that I can use here most of the time but still have enough gun to go west and shoot long range. The calibers I already have I know are enough to fit the bill but was thinking of something new. I thought about the 6.5prc but how much better is it over the 6.5 creedmoor is it worth having both?

Comment

I'm in the LH shooting RH rifles group. Ive got a couple LH bolt rifles now, it took a while to get my brain to not take my right hand and swipe for a RH bolt.

APRs shoot well out of the box and you have a fairly wide range of customizability vs. straight out of the box from a factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksprings2017 View Post
                              Thanks for the response RF76 aren't those calibers too much for deer hunting here in texas? I probably should have mentioned that I want something that I can use here most of the time but still have enough gun to go west and shoot long range. The calibers I already have I know are enough to fit the bill but was thinking of something new. I thought about the 6.5prc but how much better is it over the 6.5 creedmoor is it worth having both?
                              I gave my recommendation based on your next elk hunt and long range shooting capabilities. With what you already have, you are pretty much cover. Either sale the 6.5cm and go with the 6.5prc or sale the 7mm and replace it with another 7mm custom or a 280ai or sale the 300wsm and replace it with a 300wm.

Comment

TXbowman out...
                                I thought it was Funny and assumed you meant it as such.
                                Different strokes for different folks.

If I could I would, but I can’t... Right now

Comment

Working...
                                X