Whisker Biscuit or Drop Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
    From what I've gathered on this thread alone, the difference between drop away and WB users, is that the drop away users have tried BOTH.
    More like...those that use the WB found something that works and don't really see the need to spend more $$ on something else that is, in essence, comparable.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

For a spot and stalk scenario I feel the WB out performs. Or in theory it should.

Comment

I have used both, killed with both and still have both.

QAD Drop Away has a guard all the way around for stalking scenarios and with felt it can make for a quiet stalk. WB allows for less arrow movement while stalking and in reality you are only talking about 3-5 FPS loss. At least from my readings. Killed a pig Monday evening and the bow I used has a WB on it. No complaints whatsoever. All of my other bows have QAD and Trophy Taker Drop Aways.

Comment

Limb driver drop

Comment

I was always told why just have the biscuit when you can have biscuit with gravy with a drop away.

God Bless
            Bish

Comment

WB. It can’t fail.

Comment

Put me in the fall away camp. Thousands of shots on a Ripcord and a limb driver with no failures and they were both used when I got them. Add in that they are a little more forgiving, my arrows are a little faster, and the big one; MY VANES DON'T GET SCREWED UP and I don't see me going back to a WB.

PS I call a rest that tears up your vanes a failure, so IMO a WB can definitely fail and is designed to do so
                Last edited by RJH1; 05-21-2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  Your losing speed with that whisker .
                  Where can I find this data?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                    Where can I find this data?
                    Anyone with a chrono and 2 rest:-) I gained 2 or 3 fps going to a fall away and i think that is about average. Not a huge increase, but an increase none the less. It is fairly well known, and has been written about in bow articles more than once

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                      I am the odd man out I guess but I like the WB.

That makes 2 of us.

And my PSE X Fore shoots 350fps + through it too.

Plenty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        From what I've gathered on this thread alone, the difference between drop away and WB users, is that the drop away users have tried BOTH.

I have as well. One bow has a drop away, one has a WB. They both have no problem killing stuff.

Comment

Deer can hear the arrow on the draw cycle of a whisker biscuit on a quiet day.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                            Anyone with a chrono and 2 rest:-) I gained 2 or 3 fps going to a fall away and i think that is about average. Not a huge increase, but an increase none the less. It is fairly well known, and has been written about in bow articles more than once

2-3 fps is negligible. That only equates to 2" additional drop @ 40 yards assuming a 5fps reduction from 275 to 270 with a 426gr arrow and a time difference of 0.008 seconds.

My main concern would be time spent in contact with rest and arrow deviation from bow torque after release. Although I would think if fletchings were properly sized then the arrow would be able to self correct.

Now, I could be completely incorrect in my evaluations.

I shot a WB for 20 years before I bought my first Nice bow which had a QAD. Honestly I cannot tell a difference. WB work great for kiddos too! Just make sure the internal hole diameter is sized properly for the arrow diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              That makes 2 of us.

And my PSE X Fore shoots 350fps + through it too.

Plenty fast.

Have you actually chronoed those speeds? I am seeing that a PSE X force IBOs at 350, but would be interested in your actual chrono results. Also, what is your draw length?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                                2-3 fps is negligible. That only equates to 2" additional drop @ 40 yards assuming a 5fps reduction from 275 to 270 with a 426gr arrow and a time difference of 0.008 seconds.

My main concern would be time spent in contact with rest and arrow deviation from bow torque after release. Although I would think if fletchings were properly sized then the arrow would be able to self correct.

Now, I could be completely incorrect in my evaluations.

I shot a WB for 20 years before I bought my first Nice bow which had a QAD. Honestly I cannot tell a difference. WB work great for kiddos too! Just make sure the internal hole diameter is sized properly for the arrow diameter.
                                I agree that 2-3 fps is pretty pointless and the speed increase is by far the least important reason to shoot a fallaway. The forgiveness and messing up vanes are the reasons I much prefer the fallaway.

Comment

Working...
                                X