Pat Mayse- Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PublicLandFreaks View Post
    cant wait to get out there doing some last min scouting this weekend to get everything finalized.
    did some scouting out there last weekend. Still hotter than hell ha. Topo maps are becoming my best friend for a lot of my scouting right now. I did get a trail camera set up out there so we will see if I have as much luck as you.

Comment

Topo is where its at. I am looking forward to the chase this year. In just a few years of hunting public land. I am becoming such a better hunter. I am able to ready sign better than i ever have. I have tripled my knowledge of plants and being able to identify them n the wild. I know i preaching to the choir here about public land but i freaking hooked. Nothing better than getting out and scouting coming across a place that you say to yourself " this seems like a good place for deer" Then setting a trail camera up and actually getting good deer movement captured. Even better when you walk up on 3 does eating in the exact spot you marked as a stand location. I know what everyone is thinking. " Yeah just wait until dove season and the flood of people that will blow all of those deer out of there" To that i say yeah October maybe slow. I still plan on sitting in the stand even if all i see is squirrels and mosquitoes. I will use that stand time to adapt my strategy and move in on bedding and food. I will find does and then i will be in the prime spots for bucks come the rut. I firmly believe hunting public land is all about outlasting and outsmarting humans more than deer. Cant wait to see how everyone does and recap some great hunting stories. 35 sleeps!!

Comment

I definitely agree with you. I've only ever hunted public land and it is a struggle for sure. I have had to deal with the crowd before and you are right, you gotta out smart people more than the deer. On private land you may not have that problem but I also feel like it's not as satisfying (wouldn't really know I guess) due to having a big food plot or feeders. Not down talking any of that. If you got the tools than use them. Good luck this fall man. Hope it works out in your favor

Comment

Shot this buck last year at pat mayse. Excited for what this year has in store.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone see anything opening weekend?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

No one?

Comment

Good luck!! I used to turkey hunt on Pat Mayse, but the population has really dropped these past years.

Comment

how's Pat Mayse going so far? Anyone downed any bucks yet?

Comment

Just checked camera last night at pat mayse, Several doe, 3 bucks, 1 is a real big body but couldn't tell much from his rack other than he is tall. A pretty nice clear 8 point and another small 8 that looks to be just under 13 inches. one BIG pig and a fat coyote! wish I had more time in the woods. between work and family it is limited. Publiclandfreaks have you been able to come across those bucks in your cam pics yet?

Comment

Originally posted by PublicLandFreaks View Post
                      Got some big pigs on camera in the day light!!
                      I was there on Tuesday and may have ran into this guy. Scared the heck out of me. I also came across 2 doe

Comment

Seen 2 does and a fawn so far this year. I’ve done about 7 sits in the tree. Shot the second doe I saw. Haven’t seen any bucks in a tree stand yet. Did shoot a pig but wasn’t able to recover him. I’ve seen a good handful of hogs heading out of the woods. Heading out in the AM

Comment

11B You hunting corps or WMA or a little of both like myself?

Comment

Originally posted by 11B View Post
                            Seen 2 does and a fawn so far this year. I’ve done about 7 sits in the tree. Shot the second doe I saw. Haven’t seen any bucks in a tree stand yet. Did shoot a pig but wasn’t able to recover him. I’ve seen a good handful of hogs heading out of the woods. Heading out in the AM

How did you do?

Comment

I’m hunting WMA. Never looked into hunting the corps land actually. I went out and didn’t see a **** thing unfortunately. So looks like I’ll have to wait until the 9th before I can hunt again due to work and the WNA being closed this weekend. How is the corps land?

Comment

Originally posted by 11B View Post
                                I’m hunting WMA. Never looked into hunting the corps land actually. I went out and didn’t see a **** thing unfortunately. So looks like I’ll have to wait until the 9th before I can hunt again due to work and the WNA being closed this weekend. How is the corps land?
                                Why is the WMA closed - some type of hunt?

Comment

Working...
                                X