Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! that looks awesome. Good job sir.

Comment

So when u coming over to help me build one? Super awesome work.

Comment

All that for 3 guns...?

Comment

That's pretty slick .

Comment

As a storm shelter, is there an air source?

I think I have found my next project. Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
              Incredible idea and project. I have one comment/question. God forbid you have a tornado and are inside, how can you be absolutely sure that nothing will fall outside in front of the door and prevent the door from swinging open to exit the room/safe? The thought of being trapped inside scares me- and I'm not clastrophobic as a rule.

Kind the same thing as an underground one and a car or tree being on the door?
              I put. 10 ton bottle jack with a 4x4 post cut to fit in the safe corner. Should be able to wedge it in the corner and against the door and push the door open.

Comment

Originally posted by Capfab View Post
                As a storm shelter, is there an air source?

I think I have found my next project. Thank you for sharing your ideas!
                Oops forgot that part. Yes there is a 3" piece of pipe welded to the roof in the back corner( that's what I'm doing in the pic with the sparks falling) that is 4ft long that extends up into the attic over the reloading room. I got a duct plug stuck in the pipe from the inside that can be removed incase air is needed. The duct plug is made for 3" pipe and has a large rubber seal with a large bolt in the center that can be tightened to be air and water proof. The sand concept as a boat plug, but larger and stronger.

Comment

So jealous!

Comment

[QUOTE=150class;7668705]All that for 3 guns...?

Something like that :-)

Comment

Very cool, fixing to build my house and going to do somthing like that my self.

Comment

Originally posted by CTB View Post
                        Kind the same thing as an underground one and a car or tree being on the door?
                        I put. 10 ton bottle jack with a 4x4 post cut to fit in the safe corner. Should be able to wedge it in the corner and against the door and push the door open.
                        That should work. I'd consider putting an alarm bell on the top of your air pipe, run the wire down to the room and be able to use whatever dry cell batteries you plan for lighting to be able to ring a SOS call should you get stuck in there.

Great project!

Comment

I've been wanting to turn my wife's closet into a gun/safe room for a while now, you think she'll agree?

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

thats awesome. great job

Comment

Working...
                                X