No announcement yet.

What’s a good....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check with the 4-h sponsor in your area. They will be able to help you out in every way imaginable. Great organization. Let him shoot a couple of guns and find out what he is comfortable with. a quality beretta, browning, or benelli would be a great start and worth the money.

Comment

I would also advise getting a semi auto. Been there and done that and the kick from the pump was way too much for my 9 year old. It was too much for me to be honest. Sure wouldn’t want to shoot skeet with one.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Put me down for the Weatherby SA-08 20 ga in a youth stock. Get semi-auto gun for the price and dang dependable. No way in hell would I put a kid in an 870 express 20 gauge. They are a thumping mofo.

Wow. My 13 year old son weighs 78 pounds. I do know better options are out there but he handles it without issue. Especially for skeet rounds.

***But you are Smart. Krum guy here
        Last edited by 3whunt; 09-21-2020, 09:38 PM. Reason: Not pissing off smart

Comment

You can get the montefeltro youth 20 that comes with youth stock and full size he can grow into. Recoil is little more than the 1100 but not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s a good....

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
            Wow. My 13 year old son weighs 78 pounds. I do know better options are out there but he handles it without issue. Especially for skeet rounds.

***But you are Smart. Krum guy here

Good for him.... but it’s still a thumper... especially the youth model with a 21” barrel. Big difference in a 13 yo and a 9 year old too.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Put me down for the Weatherby SA-08 20 ga in a youth stock. Get semi-auto gun for the price and dang dependable. No way in hell would I put a kid in an 870 express 20 gauge. They are a thumping mofo.

This should say “Great semi-auto gun for the price**”

Comment

My son Joe started with a Mossberg 500 youth in 20ga and cashed in the coupon that came with the shotgun when it came time to change to the adult stock. He also bought a slug barrel for it and it is one heck of a deer killer with Sabot rounds. Pump guns are so durable and fool proof.

Comment

Thanks for all the help gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                  X