Clear All

.......... sorry to hear this.......

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP Sailor

Comment

Rest in Peace Sailor

Comment

Always had something positive to contribute. RIP, sir.

Comment

Dave was my friend. We stayed in touch, talked and visited often. He would give you the shirt off his back or his last dime if you needed help. I will miss him.
            He was having severe health problems and basically the “system “ let him down if not totally killed him. He was having problems breathing and was on a oxygen machine. He could barely stand long enough to make a baloney sandwich. Dave had no insurance because he couldn’t afford it. His wife destroyed him in their divorce many years ago. He couldn’t even afford Medicare. All he had was the VA. Their system was so screwed up and so bureaucraticly inept that he couldn’t get the help he needed in time to save him. The last time he called me he left this voice mail.

“Jeff you know this is a sailor look man you don't have to call me back because I never know who's going to be in here in the room I'm down here at the hospital in the VA hospital in temple so I wanted to touch base with you I'll just call you back later on this afternoon when I get some time thanks bud talk to you later bye…”

He never called me back and when I called him I didn’t get an answer or return call.

God’s speed my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
              Dave was my friend. We stayed in touch, talked and visited often. He would give you the shirt off his back or his last dime if you needed help. I will miss him.
              He was having severe health problems and basically the “system “ let him down if not totally killed him. He was having problems breathing and was on a oxygen machine. He could barely stand long enough to make a baloney sandwich. Dave had no insurance because he couldn’t afford it. His wife destroyed him in their divorce many years ago. He couldn’t even afford Medicare. All he had was the VA. Their system was so screwed up and so bureaucraticly inept that he couldn’t get the help he needed in time to save him. The last time he called me he left this voice mail.

“Jeff you know this is a sailor look man you don't have to call me back because I never know who's going to be in here in the room I'm down here at the hospital in the VA hospital in temple so I wanted to touch base with you I'll just call you back later on this afternoon when I get some time thanks bud talk to you later bye…”

He never called me back and when I called him I didn’t get an answer or return call.

God’s speed my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I'm sorry for your loss! I never met Him but He seemed like a good man. I truly hate that the system let Him down.

Comment

Thank you for your service Sailor. Rest in Peace.

Comment

That suxx. Plain and simple.

Comment

Dang it, RIP

Comment

Rest In Peace My Friend...........

Comment

One death notice I read said he died Sept 9.

Comment

sad, sad, sad ...

Always sucks losing a TBH brother who was respected by the entire community. Sailor never had a bad word to say about anyone, and you could tell he was genuine and a man of great wisdom.

It's a shame we live in the greatest Country in the World and the idiots making decisions to take care of our Veterans have failed them miserably.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            One death notice I read said he died Sept 9.
                            That’s the date on the information I attached.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.

Praying for his family and friends!
                              Last edited by BowCrazy; 09-23-2022, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.

Praying for his family and friends!

Comment

Working...
                                X