Best Big Hog Broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast is the arrow flying?

I am a fan of big expandables, regardless of what the ranch fairy thinks.

Hit him in the armpit quartering away with the hypodermic and he will bleed out quick

Comment

Wait for quartering away shot so you can get up in the vitals and go with the broad head your most accurate with.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
        How fast is the arrow flying?

I am a fan of big expandables, regardless of what the ranch fairy thinks.

Hit him in the armpit quartering away with the hypodermic and he will bleed out quick
        But he said he wants a pass thru so I dont think a large expandable would be his best choice

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          But he said he wants a pass thru so I dont think a large expandable would be his best choice

They pig is around 180-200 lbs I think it will punch thru him on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
            They pig is around 180-200 lbs I think it will punch thru him on both sides.
            I'd be willing to bet it wont

Comment

Quartering away shot and you can tuck any of them into the pocket where it counts. And yes, your Rage will deploy at an angle.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Comment

Personally on a big hog, I would stay away from a 2 blade in fear that their fat would seal up the wound and make tracking tough. I would go with the Annihilator to get the pass through and blood you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Reedimus View Post
                  I'd probably go with the annihilator
                  This and a slightly quartered away shot in the crease

Comment

I have heard good things about the G5 MegaMeat. I have three Gravediggers left to use up, then I will try the G5.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      I have heard good things about the G5 MegaMeat. I have three Gravediggers left to use up, then I will try the G5.
                      Yea but it's a mechanical

Comment

Behind the last rib quartering in and let it come out in front neck area….. dead within 60 yards or less!

Comment

Annihilator 125 and hold lower and more forward than you would on a whitetail. Most people try to shoot them behind the shoulder like a deer, the pigs lunge forward a little bit at the sound of the bow/arrow and all of a sudden you're in the guts and never find him.

Comment

Out of those the annihilator. I’ve shot a lot of big hogs (killed some, lost some) and landed on the single bevel 2 blade kudu points. Still good blood trails with a two blade but I shoot them for the penetration, straight up the front leg.

Comment

Anything tough and sharp. I’ve had the best luck putting the 200+ down fast (3 for 3) with enough blood to find them using Iron Will Wides on the end of a 500gr arrow pushed by 70#.

Comment

Magnus 2 blade

Comment

Working...
                                X