Scope recommendations needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope recommendations needed

On another thread I talked about this 25 year old Leopold 3x9x40 scope... and as my eyes have been getting worse it just doesn’t work for me anymore....

I have sold my Sightmark photon night scope and will be upgrading this Lupe to a better scope....

At 150 yds max I want to be able to see them like I could touch them ....
    I mean I want to be amazed at how well I can see at that distance....
    Because right now I aM struggling

What scope should I get and why.....
    $600 max and I am thinking minimum 50 mm objective...

GO !!!!

Thanks in advance

I have the Athlon helos . I like it because of the lighted reticle . the althon Midas tac is another good one but does not habe the lighted reticle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
      I have the Athlon helos . I like it because of the lighted reticle . the althon Midas tac is another good one but does not habe the lighted reticle.
      https://www.amazon.com/Athlon-Optics...silk_at_search
      What does the lighted reticle do for ya....

I have never seen one or used one

Comment

Leupold Vx3i 4.5-15x50.
        Meopta Meopro or Optika6

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

Here ya go sir. Save you some money too. I’m in the same boat. Price is great, reviews are good. Just never seen or looked thru anything Athlon

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
            Leupold Vx3i 4.5-15x50.
            Meopta Meopro or Optika6
            This is going to be about the best you're going to get in the price range you mentioned.

Comment

Leupold VX3i

Comment

If you are sticking to 200 yards or under then I would not be concerned with high magnification or objective diameter. I would focus on glass quality.

Slightly above your budget, but a brand new Swarovski Z3 3-10x42 is $729 or a Zeiss V4 3-12x44 is $699 new. I bet you could find a used one in your budget. I bought a used Zeiss Conquest HD5 a while back for $500 and the clarity is great!

If you are stuck on a new scope within your budget then I don't think you can go wrong with a Leupold VX3i.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  Here ya go sir. Save you some money too. I’m in the same boat. Price is great, reviews are good. Just never seen or looked thru anything Athlon

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018817120?pid=422127
                  Wow thats a great price!!

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

The cross hairs can be lit up to see in low light

Comment

As stated in the other thread, the Leupold VX5HD and VX6HD are some of the better ones I have put my eye to for their price range. They are a lighter weight option than some of the others as well.

ETA: I didn't see your price range, which both I mentioned are out of brand new, but it might be possible to hunt a used one down in the classifieds.
                      Last edited by sierracharlie338; 11-09-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

I have the same scope that is about that same age as well. I broke out my .270 this past week for a hunt and realized my optics are in need of a serious upgrade. My budget is about half of yours though and I'm looking at the Vortex line of either a 3-9x50 or 4-12x50.

I'm thinking of getting 50mm objective as well.

Comment

You should be able to find a clean used Zeiss Conquest within your budget. Personally, I like Swarovskis better, but I do like my Zeiss’ too.

Comment

Trijicon Huron 3-9x40, no need for the 50 mm objective. If you want the optics brighter, go with the 30 mm tube rather than the 1". Trijicon makes the most rugged line of optics on the market and made in the USA.
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

looks like a good deal, don't know anything about meopta

Comment

Working...
                              X