Ethics question...fishing guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    I’m confused as hell. If you fish with a charter, your license is less expensive than fishing on your own? All of my customers must have Valid Texas fishing license.

3 day charter pass vs season license. You can buy a 1 day license but it would end up costing us more because we will fish 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      I’m confused as hell. If you fish with a charter, your license is less expensive than fishing on your own? All of my customers must have Valid Texas fishing license.
      Yes, in LA there is a guide/charter license and it is cheaper than a normal non-resident license.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        He’s a guide primarily on Lake Whitney. This is his first guide trip out of state this year I believe.
        That explains a lot. If booking a trip like that, I recommend going with a well known, respected charter service. There are plenty in Venice. Trying to pinch pennies on a trip like that comes back to bite you more often than not.

Comment

Go and have fun. If you have a good time, tip him just like you were originally going to. $46 is not worth worrying about.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            That explains a lot. If booking a trip like that, I recommend going with a well known, respected charter service. There are plenty in Venice. Trying to pinch pennies on a trip like that comes back to bite you more often than not.

I dang sure didn’t pinch pennies. We hired him because my buddy has fished with him in the past. I was invited on this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
              Go and have fun. If you have a good time, tip him just like you were originally going to. $46 is not worth worrying about.

You’re right. Just caught me off guard when they text and told me to buy another $100 license.

Comment

Brother... you should have just spent all that money on a week long Lake Fork trip. If he guides on Lake Whitney he “ain’t” caught a fish in years.
                Besides, a man of your means, what’s an extra $100? [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                  Personally I wouldn’t say anything, go and enjoy the trip. When you come in and he has his hand out for the tip, I’d just shake it and thank him before I left.
                  ^^^^This.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                    He’s a guide primarily on Lake Whitney. This is his first guide trip out of state this year I believe.
                    This wouldn't happen to be Captain Mike would it?

Comment

I hope the guide knows what he's doing. Venice can be a dangerous place to run a boat, even more so after a storm passes. Storms can put sandbars and debris in places they weren't the day before. I lived just North of Venice until this past May and guided down there myself for years. The only reason you wouldn't be able to get the client license is if he didn't have a guide license number for you to purchase the license under. My guess is that he's operating without a guide license which is illegal.

Comment

I’m confused,so he was going to take you on an offshore trip and now wants to take you on an inshore trip and you have to buy another license for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                          Brother... you should have just spent all that money on a week long Lake Fork trip. If he guides on Lake Whitney he “ain’t” caught a fish in years.
                          Besides, a man of your means, what’s an extra $100? [emoji51]

Lake Fork is the last place on earth I would hire a guide on.

Comment

Originally posted by L.T.K.56 View Post
                            I’m confused,so he was going to take you on an offshore trip and now wants to take you on an inshore trip and you have to buy another license for this?

I bought a charter boat license and he can’t get his guide license so I had to go back and buy a regular non resident fishing license. I guess if the warden stops him he will tell him we are all buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                              This wouldn't happen to be Captain Mike would it?

Don’t believe so. I don’t recognize that name.

Comment

You can go offshore or inshore for the same price here on Fork. We are not Covid regulated. Rocky is just kidding. He has caught more fish over 13lbs than any angler, ever on Fork. That's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X