coin shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coin shortage

Could this be another form of Govt. control?

Guess I need to take all those one gallon coffee cans full of change and turn them it. Too bad I can't remember what I was saving them for

Comment

It could be,[emoji848] everything else is. Back in the 90s it was because too many people were hoarding pennies. In the 70s it was silver dollars and 50 cent pieces. This time no telling, but I got a bucket full of coins as I dont like change in my pockets. Then again, it may be the Illumanati?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife works in corporate for a fairly large retail chain, she said the reason for the shortage is most everyone is using their cards online for things being combined with a lot of businesses just not accepting cash at all right now is creating the shortage.

Comment

There is usually an occasional shortage on quarters and pennies depending on the time of year. With the covid mess going on the mints weren't running at full capacity and banks weren't operating like normal so they had less coins being turned into the banks by the public. Less intake into the bank and less minting by the feds will create a big shortage quickly in coins.

Comment

Tell me about these coins you speak of.

Comment

I typically throw them in the top drawer of my desk when i get home. Probably need to get a couple coffee cans and exchange them.

Comment

Put this on the list of things that won't change a thing for me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  It could be,[emoji848] everything else is. Back in the 90s it was because too many people were hoarding pennies. In the 70s it was silver dollars and 50 cent pieces. This time no telling, but I got a bucket full of coins as I dont like change in my pockets. Then again, it may be the Illumanati?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  I think Landrover gets it.

Comment

Could be.

Comment

I'm willing to turn my coffee can of coins in to the government to help with the shortage. I will need a premium price per coin though...maybe something like 300% over face value.

Comment

The lack of quarters will subject us to a lot more rant threads

Comment

It absolutely is. I have been into two different stores lately and they would not take my cash. How crazy is that.

Comment

Cashless society?. I assure you this would be a terrible thing and we need to fight any advances toward this.
                            Not saying that’s what this is, but something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjciranni View Post
                              It absolutely is. I have been into two different stores lately and they would not take my cash. How crazy is that.
                              Legal US tender. I probably would have mad a spectacle.

Comment

Working...
                              X