Help with 30-30 sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 30-30 sights

Hey guys, I got a JM stamped Marlin 30AW from an estate sell a couple years ago, had scope on it and shot great with it but I don’t want to keep a scope on it. Well the issue is that I did not have a rear sight, so I put a new one. Then the front sight appeared to be way too tall and wouldn’t hit paper so I put a new front sight now. Still hit way too high, can’t adjust the rear enough to get it hitting low enough. So I’m thinking of another sight system. Any suggestions?

I’ve been looking at gear ranger point precision sights for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would put a Skinner peep sight on it and be done with it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Put the tall sight back on the front. You hit high, you need a higher front sight.

Comment

Skinner

Comment

Sir, I suggest a Skinner dovetail peep, and the high skinner blade that you file down to where you want it, then put some white appliance paint on it

This frees up your receiver for Weaver Steel S466 mounts so you can attach a scope in Leupold QRW rings or Red dot at will

Comment

+1 on the Skinner sights. I put quite a few sets on Marlin rifles for customers & they all loved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ok, thanks for the input on skinner. I finally went to their website and found what I was looking for, before I had only looked for them on Brownells and others and never could find what I wanted!

Comment

Or you could get the originals from numrich. Or chech the bay. Ive found a lot of parts on the bay auction site.

Comment

Look here: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...es-marlin/30aw

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X