Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #251
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwc View Post
There are roughly 350,000 class room teachers which if all get 5k would equal 1.75 billion towards teachers salary's.

Rwc
And there are 7.4 million homes paying an average $4,750 in property tax each year.

By my math that's crapload more than 350k times 5k Like 22 times more
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 07:39 AM   #252
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
I think an answer is why teachers complain about pay after theyíve been teaching is not because they didnít understand the pay schedule. Itís that they underestimated the level is BS they have to put up with.

What about Houston fire fighters? Did they not understand the pay schedule? I donít see why this complaining is often aimed at teachers and not police of fire fighters. Everyone always knows the pay before they take a job.
This. Lets see how well it would fly if Firefighters never received raises and had to spend their own money keeping their equipment in good shape. AND no firefighter could ever be fired so the good ones always pick up the slack of the lazy ones that just sit around all day.

Then we could tell them to stop complaining..as they knew the starting pay!
Old 04-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #253
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
My property taxes are going up almost $20,000, this year, and go up every year, might as well give us a raise cause taxes are going up regardless. Both my wife and I work for our school district.
Do you mean your property value went up 20k? If your property tax went up 20k in one year then you're doing pretty dang good working for the school district!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Those who are whining about higher taxes need to get a better job so you can afford them. 😂
LOL..

Stop whining, you knew about taxes when you got a job.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:53 AM   #254
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

No to raising property taxes. Yes to giving the lunch ladies a raise.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #255
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH1 View Post
I think we will have to agree to disagree too, because when society is dependent on schools and not family to teach our youth it is probably too late anyway. And i am talking more than teaching the three Rs, i mean morals, ethics, etc.

What i would like for our youth, is for their parents take responsibility for them. As it stands now many parents seem to think the school system is there to raise their kids, and the school system seems to have decided to try to take on that role, apparently willing and not begrudgingly. That is a huge part of the problem with schools, they are not parents, but by trying to play that role we have gotten where we are now. I really do not want to perpetuate this system, as i think it is quite possibly the worst thing we can do for the youth/future. Not necessarily the teacher's fault (possibly not at all the teachers fault), but it is the system we would be supporting by putting more money into it.

But anyway, i am sure a raise will get voted in, cause "its for the children" always works, even when the children are actually getting screwed in the long run.

Have a good one

Well in the day of an over flow of illegal aliens, and single parent homes this doesn't and wont happen.
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 08:09 AM   #256
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH1 View Post
Are teachers not required to student teach anymore? Honest question, IDK. But if so they should have an idea of what is going on.

Also, anyone who takes a job without knowing all the details of pay, benefits, etc., kinda deserves what they get.

If the school system is broke, and i believe it is, why should the tax payer ever consider paying more? Seems foolish, to pay more into a broken system. Fix the brokenness and then ask for more money if it is needed.

That is a reply to 2 people :-)
No, they do a few hours of "observation"...maybe teachers who have degrees for education do, but the 3rd party certificate holders don't.
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 08:13 AM   #257
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
No to raising property taxes. Yes to giving the lunch ladies a raise.
What's the deal with you and lunch ladies? Maybe I don't want to ask
Old 04-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #258
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
What's the deal with you and lunch ladies? Maybe I don't want to ask
My wife was a lunch lady for over 20 years. Them gals that feed the kids need some love too. (thumb up smilie)
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #259
gtsticker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lee and Fayette Counties. New Mexico

One of the money pitfalls in Texas is the illegal and low income student rates have skyrocketed. So there is a bigger burden on schools financially. Some teachers work there butts off and some suck. It is the nature of the beast. If teachers were given bonuses on how the kids in their classes progressed then there would be more incentive to teach. It is not an easy fix but a very important one that effects everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gtsticker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #260
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
So each year you think the schools can hold teachers/kids hostage by saying no way to give teachers a raise without raising property taxes? But school budgets can explode with waste year/year at the same time?

Come on. That's not even close to a fair question.

But screw it. I'll say yes. Raise taxes then. Maybe if taxes get high enough and then we ever hit a real economic slow down the people will wake up and demand the schools stop wasting money. Because no one apparently give a crap how much money is blown until teachers want a raise.
Quote:
How can school tax be the largest % and go up every year yet there be no waste?

In a perfect world taxes in general would stay the exact same %. You may pay more in taxes each year as inflation rises and you make more but the % should never rise.

Do you agree with that Randy?
Did you see my comments about Pflugerville ISD? They have not raised the tax rate in 5 years and actually lowered it this year. Assuming they have ~1200 teachers based on the number of students (increasing substantially every year) they would need roughly $6 million dollars to fund the $5,000 raises, and that $6 million plus increases would be needed every year after that. If they can cut $6 million from their budget...great! But that is not likely feasible without cutting programs.

I cannot speak to every district in Texas, but I can say that the ones I have been part of, there was NOT enough waste to cut and fund $5000 raises. There very well may be large amounts of waste in larger districts, but most people that complain of it have never actually been a part of the budget process and really have no real knowledge of whether those budget contain enough waste to fund raises...just an assumption.

I am not arguing in favor of huge athletic complexes. I also believe they are way overdone.

My point is that in order to fund $5000 raises which would not be a one time expense, but annually, they will HAVE to be paid with property taxes. That is what funds school budgets! It is disingenuous to want teacher raises and not realize that property taxes will HAVE to increase.

EVERYBODY complains of property taxes, and I am certainly empathetic. I am just saying if people think there is waste in their district, do something about it. Get involved. Get elected to the school board. Go to the meetings. Review the budget.

Quote:
Graysonhogs posted about a man cuddle group. PM him if you want to join.
I would be honored to be invited. I am a great hugger. It's all in having the discernment to know when to release the hug. Too long, and one can get accused of assault. Too soon, and one is not fulfilled!
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 01:37 PM   #261
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Did you see my comments about Pflugerville ISD? They have not raised the tax rate in 5 years and actually lowered it this year. Assuming they have ~1200 teachers based on the number of students (increasing substantially every year) they would need roughly $6 million dollars to fund the $5,000 raises, and that $6 million plus increases would be needed every year after that. If they can cut $6 million from their budget...great! But that is not likely feasible without cutting programs.

I cannot speak to every district in Texas, but I can say that the ones I have been part of, there was NOT enough waste to cut and fund $5000 raises. There very well may be large amounts of waste in larger districts, but most people that complain of it have never actually been a part of the budget process and really have no real knowledge of whether those budget contain enough waste to fund raises...just an assumption.

I am not arguing in favor of huge athletic complexes. I also believe they are way overdone.

My point is that in order to fund $5000 raises which would not be a one time expense, but annually, they will HAVE to be paid with property taxes. That is what funds school budgets! It is disingenuous to want teacher raises and not realize that property taxes will HAVE to increase.

EVERYBODY complains of property taxes, and I am certainly empathetic. I am just saying if people think there is waste in their district, do something about it. Get involved. Get elected to the school board. Go to the meetings. Review the budget.

I would be honored to be invited. I am a great hugger. It's all in having the discernment to know when to release the hug. Too long, and one can get accused of assault. Too soon, and one is not fulfilled!

It's not a hug group. It's grown men that cuddle all together for 20-40 minutes.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:38 PM   #262
175gr7.62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,

Scrap the whole system and move to vouchers for charter schools. Let me decide how my money is spent.

175gr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 08:29 PM   #263
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McMullen / Refugio
Default Teacher pay raises

Quote:
Originally Posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
Scrap the whole system and move to vouchers for charter schools. Let me decide how my money is spent.

And where are all these charter schools? That would be quite the undertaking to ďscrap the whole systemĒ

Last edited by kyle1974; 04-08-2019 at 08:33 PM.
kyle1974 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 09:24 PM   #264
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
And where are all these charter schools? That would be quite the undertaking to ďscrap the whole systemĒ

Itís an opportunity and in america there are lots of people that see opportunity to fill a gap. Wouldnít happen over night but it wouldnít take long if people could choose how and where to spend their money on education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #265
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

So, how do you do that, and is it practical? Do you realize that a lot of charter schools are for kids that can't function in a structured environment... basically for the laggards?
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #266
Chad C
Pope & Young

Default Teacher pay raises

Wifeís monthly stub bumped $2300 per year. Itís something.

Last edited by Chad C; 06-12-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #267
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Wifeís monthly stub bumped $2300. Itís something.

An additional $2300?
oktx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #268
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
An additional $2300?

For the year, not monthly. Itís minuscule.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #269
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:

Dang. $191 per month.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:39 PM   #270
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:

less than insurance increase more than likely
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 01:40 PM   #271
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Yup.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:42 PM   #272
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Her income is stand alone. My company pays for our family health insurance. It's a win for her, but it only really amounts to about $1.30 an hour for her contract period.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #273
BIGTERRY75
Ten Point

Hunt In: Van Zandt, Bosque, Rockwall

Fix the corruption and teachers would make a lot more money.
BIGTERRY75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 02:46 PM   #274
cactusassjohn
Four Point

Hunt In: nebraska/texas/south dakota

just go sit on a cactus!!!!
cactusassjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 03:00 PM   #275
Dudley
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas

The bill that passed is hard to figure out. It will send about $1000 per student to schools in the general allotment. Of that, 30% is required to go to raises for full-time employees, except administrators. Of that 30%, 75% goes to teachers, nurses, librarians and counselors. The remining 25% to other full-time employees. So how much teachers will get will depend on their district and how many teachers it will be divided into. It is estimated that it will be between $1000 - $3000 per teacher. We are still trying to figure it all out in our district. Wont go into effect until September.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #276
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

I have been told by a very reliable source within this district that we will get a substantial raise but I will only believe it when I see it in my paycheck. Districts have a way of keeping money and not giving it to teachers.
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #277
texashunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bell Co, San Saba Co

It would be nice to see the teachers get the 3000. It seems like when we do get a raise, its typically 2% and that always gets eaten up by the increase in insurance premiums each year. So your raise basically goes to covering the cost of insurance.
texashunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #278
Dakota7493
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
The bill that passed is hard to figure out. It will send about $1000 per student to schools in the general allotment. Of that, 30% is required to go to raises for full-time employees, except administrators. Of that 30%, 75% goes to teachers, nurses, librarians and counselors. The remining 25% to other full-time employees. So how much teachers will get will depend on their district and how many teachers it will be divided into. It is estimated that it will be between $1000 - $3000 per teacher. We are still trying to figure it all out in our district. Wont go into effect until September.

It better be toward the $3k end on top of what the district should be giving us before the bill passed. That talk of $5k raise is where the districts should be looking to meet. All these teachers walking out of the classrooms all over the US and Texas teachers being paid in the bottom 3rd of the 50 states. This should scare bigger districts to do the right thing. When this country puts importance into education and not pay $200 Million sports contracts itíd be a lot better for the US. If nothing else find a insurance that doesnít cost me $1k a month and itís pure **** to begin with. Then maybe that $150 a month raise will mean something.

Rant over...whereís my beer!
Dakota7493 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #279
Ethan313
Spike

Hunt In: Magnolia and Rocksprings

No
Ethan313 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 05:05 PM   #280
bklem
Ten Point

Quote:
Wifeís monthly stub bumped $2300 per year. Itís something.

Her district already figured the allotment per employee? Wow, we wonít know till late summer at earliest but are not expecting more than $1200.00. Fairly certain our increase in insurance will exceed that. Smoke and mirrors by Dan and Greg.
bklem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #281
rfroese
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklem View Post
Her district already figured the allotment per employee? Wow, we wonít know till late summer at earliest but are not expecting more than $1200.00. Fairly certain our increase in insurance will exceed that. Smoke and mirrors by Dan and Greg.
Not sure where all of the other the figures are coming from but according to this article from TEA the minimum state salary schedule got an increase of around $5500.

https://tea.texas.gov/interiorpage_w...hem0c19viQj3ac
rfroese is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 06:22 PM   #282
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfroese View Post
Not sure where all of the other the figures are coming from but according to this article from TEA the minimum state salary schedule got an increase of around $5500.

lol
Old 06-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #283
MLAH
Six Point

NO!!

Was patiently waiting for someone to finally address the very expensive and wasteful sports programs. Why am I forced to be saddled with the school boards wants-wises and wet dreams for multi million dollar stadiums-Exclusive fancy busses (for football players only) and the Whole Texas illusion of Football is KING in general.

Academics of yesterday reading, writing and arithmetic where did it all go. The math taught today produces idiots who cannot count out change or simply add 2+2. With reading skills far below average and forget it if you send them a letter written in cursive not only can’t they write long hand they can’t read it.
IMO I AM NOT getting my tax worth for what eduction I see my Grand Children receiving today.

There needs to be more emphasis placed on trades of other formal training that will allow these kids of today to have a means of supporting themselves. Other than going into mega debt for educations (degrees) that are sometimes completely useless.

Is it the fault of the front line teacher one must first realize they must regurgitate what Austin mandates. And look out if they don’t toe the Texas line. I see attitudes in some of the teachers that don’t belong in the classroom and will always call out the liberals' and their brain washed ways. The whole system needs a revamp. IMO
MLAH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 06:28 PM   #284
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAH View Post
NO!!

Was patiently waiting for someone to finally address the very expensive and wasteful sports programs. Why am I forced to be saddled with the school boards wants-wises and wet dreams for multi million dollar stadiums-Exclusive fancy busses (for football players only) and the Whole Texas illusion of Football is KING in general.

Academics of yesterday reading, writing and arithmetic where did it all go. The math taught today produces idiots who cannot count out change or simply add 2+2. With reading skills far below average and forget it if you send them a letter written in cursive not only canít they write long hand they canít read it.
IMO I AM NOT getting my tax worth for what eduction I see my Grand Children receiving today.

There needs to be more emphasis placed on trades of other formal training that will allow these kids of today to have a means of supporting themselves. Other than going into mega debt for educations (degrees) that are sometimes completely useless.

Is it the fault of the front line teacher one must first realize they must regurgitate what Austin mandates. And look out if they donít toe the Texas line. I see attitudes in some of the teachers that donít belong in the classroom and will always call out the liberals' and their brain washed ways. The whole system needs a revamp. IMO
Maybe we should ban color TV too Your sentence structure is not good.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #285
oktx
Pope & Young

Did he say this mess is the teachers fault? It’s tough to read.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #286
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Did he say this mess is the teachers fault? It’s tough to read.
That's the way I took it in a nutshell.

I don't think he passed English. He certainly didn't pass the 'punctuation' six weeks!
Old 06-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #287
Dudley
Eight Point

Everyone agrees this new bill that was passed is not a fix to school finance. There are a lot of smoke and mirrors in it. The state has raised its contribution to education by about $11 Billion. You will hear a lot about that from the governor and the legislature. However, about half of that will go to reducing property tax money that the school received. It will be a break for the property owners, and I am all for that. But it really means about $6 billion in added funds to schools. And, the state is also cutting financial programs like the high school allotment and other programs. Bottom line is that schools will get very little additional money to work with. When you add in increased enrollment and unfunded mandates, it becomes even less. Divide that among the 1100 or so districts and most schools will receive just enough money to fund the mandated teacher pay raises and not much else. Salary and benefits make up about 80% of any school's budget. It will even mean that after paying teachers, some schools will receive less money than they have in the past. Football stadiums and other huge expenses are a district decision and rely on additional taxes through bonds, which local residents choose to pay for. Talk to your local school board about that.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #288
bcmuzzy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson county/kansas

Why in the cornbread hell do schools, even small schools need assistant principles secretary for assistant principles, freaking paid police officers on every campus. Start whooping that arse, expelling kids and requiring parents to take responsibility for their hethens. And stop providing free lunches even in the summer, we might not have to raise taxes. Stop building huge high school stadiums, and putting turf down on every football field around. Bermuda grass works great and it’s native to Texas. Lol
bcmuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #289
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

I sure hope they get that raise, my wife is a teacher and I need a new trolling motor.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 07:50 PM   #290
Dudley
Eight Point

Great questions! I suggest you talk to your local school board because all schools are not like that. We have no assistant principals, or their secretaries. Our deputy constables are paid through a federal school safety grant. We use the paddle on a regular basis. The law wont allow us to expel a kid unless he has committed a felony against another person. Cant do much about requiring parents to take responsibility for their kids. Free lunches come from the federal government. We don't build huge stadiums or have turf fields. I suggest you talk to your school board if you are unhappy with your district, because it isn't "public school" thing, it is your local district.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #291
gemini2759
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mostly public

At the district I work with, teachers were told at the EOY assembly by the school board president they would be getting a 3-4 % increase. He did not get much applause. Our district has added two new asst superintendents and others in central office administration over the past two years. The state legislature screwed up when they gave the extra money for raises to the districts. House speaker Dennis Bonnen wanted it that way.
gemini2759 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 08:07 PM   #292
Dudley
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini2759 View Post
At the district I work with, teachers were told at the EOY assembly by the school board president they would be getting a 3-4 % increase. He did not get much applause. Our district has added two new asst superintendents and others in central office administration over the past two years. The state legislature screwed up when they gave the extra money for raises to the districts. House speaker Dennis Bonnen wanted it that way.
The new bill/law was just signed yesterday. What they told you at the end of the year has nothing to do with it. Schools will be required to use 30% of the new money for raises. I cant even begin to tell you how much that will be, though!
Old 06-12-2019, 09:21 PM   #293
Dakota7493
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
The new bill/law was just signed yesterday. What they told you at the end of the year has nothing to do with it. Schools will be required to use 30% of the new money for raises. I cant even begin to tell you how much that will be, though!

Yeah but what worries anyone in education is that they will use this and only this as the ďraiseĒ. If itís 3% then fine, but add on what you would have gave not including what that bill just added. Anything less then 6% in my eyes will be a slap in the face for my district.
Dakota7493 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 09:24 PM   #294
StephenTomas
Nubbin' Buck

I agree. Teachers are indeed a great profession.
StephenTomas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 10:15 PM   #295
coachk
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Clay Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfroese View Post

That's what I saw too...the schools that pay state base or a little above should be getting a good raise...everyone else, not so much

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
coachk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 10:21 PM   #296
SwampRanger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Batson, Gulf Coast, Wyoming....

Yes to the raises and yes to a SALES tax increase...not property tax
SwampRanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 10:22 PM   #297
rfroese
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachk View Post
That's what I saw too...the schools that pay state base or a little above should be getting a good raise...everyone else, not so much

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Guess that depends on how much the local school board cares about their teachers. They should be able to pass that raise along at the same rate to all teachers but I know many school districts who pay over the state base will not.
rfroese is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 10:26 PM   #298
CoachS
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota7493 View Post
It better be toward the $3k end on top of what the district should be giving us before the bill passed. That talk of $5k raise is where the districts should be looking to meet. All these teachers walking out of the classrooms all over the US and Texas teachers being paid in the bottom 3rd of the 50 states. This should scare bigger districts to do the right thing. When this country puts importance into education and not pay $200 Million sports contracts itíd be a lot better for the US. If nothing else find a insurance that doesnít cost me $1k a month and itís pure **** to begin with. Then maybe that $150 a month raise will mean something.

Rant over...whereís my beer!

Amen to that. Sad thing is this "raise " will probably barely cover the increase in health insurance that we will see.
CoachS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #299
Unicorn27
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Blanco

Our district announced today a whopping $582 increase in annual compensation, or $48.50 a month. Bull?$&@!!!!
Unicorn27 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 10:59 PM   #300
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklem View Post

Yes sir.