Nice suprise on 4 wheeler in barn plus others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice suprise on 4 wheeler in barn plus others

So I am up at my NY deer camp in the lower Catskills the last few weeks. Loosening straps on tree stands, having downed limbs cleared, cutting grass and doing maintenance on the property. I go to get on my 4 wheeler in the barn, had my sun glasses on which do not have bifocals. Get on bike to start and go to move choke... and through my sunglasses, it looks like the cables are all swollen on the grip and controls. I take my sunglasses off and almost hit the roof of the barn jumping off the machine.
    I knew it was a harmless Milk snake, but it surprised the heck out of me. I played with it a little bit and let him go in the woods. The little bugger rattled his tail and all. Quite aggressive.
    Upstate NY is nice...not a sewer like the city. But NOTHING like Texas

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gdcsQC]

While I am up there I always have a hoot shooting unregulated species like woodchucks and porcupines. I shoot'em , tie 'em to a stake in the field and put a trail cam over it. Got some really cool pics. Wish I had hogs to leave out for them to munch on.
    KIMG0483 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Immature Bald Eagle
    13572 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Mature Bald Eagle
    IMG_20190529_135529_357(1) by Tony Pic, on Flickr
    IMG_2807 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

A Button buck stopping by.
    IMG_1631 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

A Healthy Coyote.
    13229 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Turkey Vultures getting their due and proper.
    IMG_1269 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
    1169 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

That BE pic is awesome

I only get their cousin the cara cara on trail cam

Comment

I agree up-state NY is beautiful country AND it's full of genuine rednecks... they just talk SO FUNNY!!

Comment

First ever NY deer lease pics I've seen on TBH cool stuff!

Comment

Reminds me of a time I pulled back a boat cover to put a decal on the hull. I turn my head and next to my hand is the body of a snake. I discovered that I can scream like a girl. Probably still had a manly run though.

Comment

cool pics..……..
            love upstate...…..

Comment

Shoot-n chucks is always fun! I did my share in Ohio back in the late 70s.

Comment

Well, There's no mice eating the wires on the 4 wheeler.

Awesome pictures. You need to do something about that coyote.

Comment

Those are some cool pictures.

Comment

Those Eagle pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing them!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      I agree up-state NY is beautiful country AND it's full of genuine rednecks... they just talk SO FUNNY!!
                      Yes sir. Some gun loving fools up there. It is a beautiful place for about 2 1/2 months. [emoji16][emoji16]

@nursejenn never really had the funny talk...but her sister is sometimes hard to understand when she gets rollin'

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                        So I am up at my NY deer camp in the lower Catskills the last few weeks. Loosening straps on tree stands, having downed limbs cleared, cutting grass and doing maintenance on the property. I go to get on my 4 wheeler in the barn, had my sun glasses on which do not have bifocals. Get on bike to start and go to move choke... and through my sunglasses, it looks like the cables are all swollen on the grip and controls. I take my sunglasses off and almost hit the roof of the barn jumping off the machine.
                        I knew it was a harmless Milk snake, but it surprised the heck out of me. I played with it a little bit and let him go in the woods. The little bugger rattled his tail and all. Quite aggressive.
                        Upstate NY is nice...not a sewer like the city. But NOTHING like Texas

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gdcsQC]

While I am up there I always have a hoot shooting unregulated species like woodchucks and porcupines. I shoot'em , tie 'em to a stake in the field and put a trail cam over it. Got some really cool pics. Wish I had hogs to leave out for them to munch on.
                        KIMG0483 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Immature Bald Eagle
                        13572 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Mature Bald Eagle
                        IMG_20190529_135529_357(1) by Tony Pic, on Flickr
                        IMG_2807 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

A Button buck stopping by.
                        IMG_1631 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

A Healthy Coyote.
                        13229 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Turkey Vultures getting their due and proper.
                        IMG_1269 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
                        1169 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
                        Nice! I grew up near Carthage, NY. Definitely miss the scenery up there!
                        Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Comment

I would’ve died.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            Nice! I grew up near Carthage, NY. Definitely miss the scenery up there!
                            Carthage! That is almost Canada! Texas is closer
                            Too bad NY is run by the commie city, some really nice landscape and critters. There is no place like Texas.
                            I NEED a #5 Whataburger with a large sweet tea...NOW!

Comment

Great pics of some nice looking wildlife.
                              Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X