Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
    That's exactly the route we took. How about y'all?
    Same, I'm glad we got the high number of stops in the downtown area done first. That left us the middle of the night and the rest of the next day to finish the longer movements. The route between the Flight museum and Air Hogs Stadium was the worst. After Air hogs we knew we only had about 4-5 more hours to go so it helped, plus my wife met us there with a great meal, dry socks, Halloween candy and water refills.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
      Same, I'm glad we got the high number of stops in the downtown area done first. That left us the middle of the night and the rest of the next day to finish the longer movements. The route between the Flight museum and Air Hogs Stadium was the worst. After Air hogs we knew we only had about 4-5 more hours to go so it helped, plus my wife met us there with a great meal, dry socks, Halloween candy and water refills.
      Lemme guess, Road Warrior app?

Comment

55# is really heavy for training, but good for you if you can do it injury free. It gets heavy pretty quick.

I do most of my rucks with a 30# plate plus water and gear. Usually 7 miles from my house to the 9AM Crossfit class then 7 miles home after.
        You're an animal.

I'm just a fat tub of s*** that wants to get into some other shape than round.

The weight really hasn't been an issue but holy crap my calves are toast the next day. I want to build up and do one of these Go Ruck challenges and I figure I'd train with more than I'll need to carry. Just making stuff up as I go I guess.

Comment

Lemme guess, Road Warrior app?
          It was one just like it that takes more than 7 waypoints. I don't remember the name. Our navigator did a GREAT job.

Comment

It was one just like it that takes more than 7 waypoints. I don't remember the name. Our navigator did a GREAT job.
            Y'all going to be out at White Sands in March?

Comment

I've been watching the GORUCK page, they are supposed to have a STAR course in San Antonio around March. We haven't even discussed White Sands.

Comment

I've been watching the GORUCK page, they are supposed to have a STAR course in San Antonio around March. We haven't even discussed White Sands.
                The date for the San Antonio STAR is the weekend after White Sands if they keep that date.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  Houston in June!!! Thats gonna be warm!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                  Three star course events in Texas next year. They even added some 12 and 26.2 mile events that will go alongside the 50 milers. All three events end in the same place at the same time.

The date for the San Antonio STAR is the weekend after White Sands if they keep that date.
                  I'm committed with my team to do all three 50 mile events in Texas next year. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, and I have you to blame for introducing me to GORUCK.

I am doing the 6-hour and 12-hour constellation events in Austin this weekend, and I have my wife and 14yo son signed up to do the 6-hour with me. My wife just saw the part about pepper spray and is not happy with me.

Comment

As long as her coke bottle gas mask holds together, she'll be fine!

#stillgonnastingthough

Comment

Ill be there. My first time. Ive got alot of training to do before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                        Ill be there. My first time. Ive got alot of training to do before then.
                        Get miles on your feet. Lots of miles. Get your boots/socks scene dialed in early. And figure out what works and doesn't work for your foot care.

From what I've seen out there for the past few years I've done the event those are the things that get most folks. Every aid station is chock full of people with hamburger for feet. The airport terminal on Monday looks like a scene out of Walking Dead.

I've got a 12 week train up program we've used over the years to get ready for Bataan I'd be more than happy to email you if you'd like.

Comment

Due to my own ignorance with supplement o2 compliance I will be on a monitored pulmonary rehab program for the next few months.

I got in a real bind up in the wilderness area a couple months ago and my O2 bottle ran out. I became confused and a little disoriented on trail and almost had to call for SAR.
                          I was able to calm myself down with a couple hours of rest and breathing exercises. Thankful for two fellas who came along and hiked with me back down the trail.

I took all my baseline testing yesterday for the program and start tomorrow with 3 times a week training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As long as her coke bottle gas mask holds together, she'll be fine!

#stillgonnastingthough
                            They didn't pepper spray the 6-hour class at all, we didn't even build the masks. Different lessons, etc

The 12-hour class was a different story. My team got caught moving down a main street and I took a massive dose straight into my left eye/side. I wasn't able to see for probably 5 minutes.

Learned a lot and had a great time.

Comment

If any of y'all are interested, GORUCK has a virtual event starting January 1. 50 miles in 15 days.

And yes, there's a patch. That'll dovetail nicely with my Bataan training cycle.

Comment

2019 Bataan training ruck #1 in the books this morning.

5.4 miles in 1:42.

Got the wife out this morning to start getting her dialed in for her first event out at White Sands. She's going to do the 14 mile route.

Comment

Working...
                                X