Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somerville 21-22

It’s time to bring back a new thread. Hope all have been well and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, been out scouting a few times this year. Hot, wet, and lots of mosquitos and snakes. I put out some cameras in an area that I haven't seen any hunter sign so we will see if they make it a couple of months.

Shot some pigs in another area. Came across a hunter on a weekday middle of day in the very, very back after a mile hike that had carried corn and a dolly. That is a lot of work and dedication. I just walk around and scout this time of year. If I walk up on pigs, then I let them have it. Someone had a feeder out there as I heard it go off close to a parking area.

Trying to find buck sign and different areas to hunt and places not many willing to go to avoid the weekend part timers. I think I found some, but the area is so big going to take years to figure it all out and I don't hunt that unit primarily. Its more of a quick day trip hunt for me at this time.

Comment

I've been out scouting a few times this summer. The brush and weeds have gotten super high thanks to all this rain we've had out here. Saw some deer and a lot of sign, so I'm excited about this coming season.

On to the bad news, I've already encountered an sd card thief...

Based on my cell transmissions, they only got 7 days worth of pictures of a couple doe. So be careful and hide yalls cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretengineer View Post
        I've been out scouting a few times this summer. The brush and weeds have gotten super high thanks to all this rain we've had out here. Saw some deer and a lot of sign, so I'm excited about this coming season.

On to the bad news, I've already encountered an sd card thief...

Based on my cell transmissions, they only got 7 days worth of pictures of a couple doe. So be careful and hide yalls cameras.
        Man that is rough, I guess lucky they didn't steal the camera but not cool either way. Did you get a photo of the thief since you stated cell camera? I have the new game warden's information if you would like it

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
          Man that is rough, I guess lucky they didn't steal the camera but not cool either way. Did you get a photo of the thief since you stated cell camera? I have the new game warden's information if you would like it
          Unfortunately, I was getting the settings figured out and was running a delay. Now I'm getting them instantly transferred. Not sure if its worth talking to the warden without any evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post

You mind sharing the info?

Years prior weve had issues with guys
            1) running hog dogs thru during deer season
            2)guys target practicing with pistols (shooting pigs)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
              You mind sharing the info?

Years prior weve had issues with guys
              1) running hog dogs thru during deer season
              2)guys target practicing with pistols (shooting pigs)

Sent you a PM with the info

Comment

Ragweed is getting out of hand out there like good lord what does it take for use to get help with clearing it out heck even the road is so overgrown this is getting pathetic

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Today was my first trip back to the PHL since being deployed in 2019-2020. This place has gone to CRAP. Roads not maintained, ragweed.. JEEZUS! It’s took over every open spot there was. Theres is little to no graze grasses for anything out there. That I seen… The management of Somerville PHL really needs to step it up - if that means some of us volunteering to shred, grade, thin out the place … please let us do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                    Today was my first trip back to the PHL since being deployed in 2019-2020. This place has gone to CRAP. Roads not maintained, ragweed.. JEEZUS! It’s took over every open spot there was. Theres is little to no graze grasses for anything out there. That I seen… The management of Somerville PHL really needs to step it up - if that means some of us volunteering to shred, grade, thin out the place … please let us do it.

My weedeater with the blades would do amazing if only I could take it! Lol come Oct when it pollens ima be dead

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I stopped getting pictures of deer bc the way my camera was set up and the ragweed. It was taller than the deer in places.

Comment

I stopped getting pictures of deer bc the way my camera was set up and the ragweed. It was taller than the deer in places.

It’s horrible out there man.

It’s only going to get worse with the disturbance in the Gulf moving towards Texas coast.

Comment

You gotta use cameras that allow you to cable lock them to a tree through the door where the SD card is stored. That’s the only way to stop the SD cards from walking off.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                            You gotta use cameras that allow you to cable lock them to a tree through the door where the SD card is stored. That’s the only way to stop the SD cards from walking off.

The door was locked shut with the cable lock. The thief broke the part of the door that the cable lock goes through. Trust me they were very determined to get the doe pictures that were on there.

I'm going to try out some of the steel lock boxes on top of cable locking it to the tree.

Comment

The door was locked shut with the cable lock. The thief broke the part of the door that the cable lock goes through. Trust me they were very determined to get the doe pictures that were on there.

I'm going to try out some of the steel lock boxes on top of cable locking it to the tree.

Man that really sucks. I really like hunting that place and I’ve run into mostly good people out there although it’s very rare I even see another hunter.

It really sucks that there’s those people out there ruining it for everyone else. I’ve had cards stolen several times when I had no lock but that just ridiculous to go through all that effort to break someone’s stuff for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X