Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'HEY OLD GUYS'--This describe you or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'HEY OLD GUYS'--This describe you or not??

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW! WHAT A RIDE'---Hunter S Thompson

Yes. Only problem is with these worn out knees. Don’t know about sliding in but I could very well stumble in!

Comment

Used up and wore out.

Comment

How do you define old guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
          Used up and wore out.

Same but add “broke”. I’ve been saving since I was 20, no kids and want to retire and blow it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My body has never been "pretty" and definitely not very well preserved either.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              How do you define old guys?
              Thinking those of us when taking a leak we are 'on gravity feed'.

Comment

I don’t think so......I could have slid in sideways a few years ago, but you got to build up some speed to slide.....

Comment

Sliding in best way I can. Body worn out but my mind is still good I think.

Comment

Somewhat younger than Burnadell, 3 or 4 years {does that make me a GOF} and married for 47 years. Wife retires next Friday so my life will change for a day to day happening. Just glad we are both looking at the grass instead of the roots. Each day is a plus and hope to have quite a few more together. No matter what happens in life each day with loved ones should be cherished.
                    I hope that everyone on this site has as good of a run as my wife and I have. It ain't always been roses, but it sure has been a heck of a trip. Life is what you make of it, enjoy it everyday you are given.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
                      Somewhat younger than Burnadell, 3 or 4 years {does that make me a GOF} and married for 47 years. Wife retires next Friday so my life will change for a day to day happening. Just glad we are both looking at the grass instead of the roots. Each day is a plus and hope to have quite a few more together. No matter what happens in life each day with loved ones should be cherished.
                      I hope that everyone on this site has as good of a run as my wife and I have. It ain't always been roses, but it sure has been a heck of a trip. Life is what you make of it, enjoy it everyday you are given.
                      Well, for sure you fit into the OF category, but you have yet to be proven grouchy/grumpy!

Comment

The old saying, "If I knew then what I know now", kind of speaks for a bunch of us I guess.

Comment

What is this old guy thing y'all speak of? Screw that! I'm starting my 5th career. Just created a new LLC, screaming down the path of regenerative ag on my farm. Bringing in cattle, sheep, goats. chickens, ducks, turkeys, and will be shortly moving into organic vegetable production. Gonna save the world . Seems a reasonable ambition for someone that has the experience and seasoning of age. Live large, swing for the fence aiming high.

But then again I've been drinking.

Comment

Giggling about the hot check you just sent to a lawyer........

Comment

“Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse.” John Belushi

He got 2 out of 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X