I miss my momma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss my momma

If you still have your mother make sure you hug her neck.. And tell her you love her ..
    Late October of 2011 I was called to Kingwood hospital to meet with Drs about my 76 years old mothers health ..
    I was informed that mothers colon had shut down do to congestive heart failure and her heart was to weak to go they surgery and that she needed to be took home and have hospice administered .. It was a long walk to mothers room..I prayed hard then set beside mothers hospital bed.. And told her mother your real sick and the Drs want me to take you home.. Her first words were do not let me die in this hospital ..I told her I would honor that.. Then I looked her in the eyes and said mother this is where the rubber meets the road .. If you closed your eyes for the last time tonight what would you see when they opened again. If you died tonight where would you go?
    She said that she didn't know .. And started crying
    I had the pleasure of leading my mother mother to the Lord... She laid on that hospital bed and cried and said its so warm holding her hands on her heart.. I told her momma that's the seed of Jesus..
    I took mother home and had help from her sisters during the day and I would get off work and stayed with her.. At night giving her morphine every 4hours to kill the pain..
    After the 7th day Rita and I noticed that her speech was slurring .. That evening Rita said time is getting close you need to crawl in bed with her and hold her like she did when you were little and tell her that everything was going to be ok.. That was the last night mother spoke. 7 days later on 11/11/11 mother went to be with Jesus ..
    I wished I could hold her one more time and tell her I love her..
    But I get to see mother again one day!! I got a home in Glory land that outshines the sun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying for you, Bill. There's nothing like a momma's love. Sounds like you had a great one. And what a blessing to be able to not only spend lots of time with her, but to lead her to the comforting arms of Jesus. Praise God!

Comment

Thank you for the reminder & so sorry for your loss. At least you know where she will be once you get there..

Comment

I know how big that hole in your heart is, Bro. Bill. Prayers for you.

I lost my mother to cancer when I was 13. The hole is still there.

Comment

Great post brother bill. I lost my momma on thanksgiving day of that year and I miss her terribly as well. I always was a mommas boy and proud of it.

Comment

She's looking down on you right now very proud and smiling. God bless.

Comment

Tough to get through that one bro bill, Moms are irreplaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
                I know how big that hole in your heart is, Bro. Bill. Prayers for you.

I lost my mother to cancer when I was 13. The hole is still there.
                I'm very sorry brotha. Prayers for you and your family. I've been through it with my mother.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Bill. I lost my mother when I was 16. She committed suicide and I found her on the kitchen floor after returning home from my Order of the Arrow ceremony. There's not a day go by that I don't relive that night. I think about her a lot. I wish I could hold her one more time and tell her I love her.

I know that I'll get that chance some day. You will too.

Comment

That was touching Br. Bill - as you know, you'll see her again.

Comment

I know the feeling. I lost my mom this past October to cancer. She was only 56. Way way to young. It definitely leaves a big hole in your heart.

Comment

Dang I hate opening post like this. I miss my mom to.

Comment

Thanks Bro bill for starting this thread about mothers.
                          I lost my mother over 20 years ago. I miss all of that good home cooking
                          that she did. She loved to cook and was very good at it. I remember the spankings
                          that she gave me when I needed them.
                          she gave them out of love for me and my sister.

Comment

Bro bill I lost my mother four years ago. I've just now come to accept that it's part of the circle of life but dang it's hard to do. Not a day goes by she's not in my thoughts.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent. I truly understand how you feel, I just recently lost my mom on Dec. 1 and its been rough but now with mother's day around the corner its really starting to hit hard. I might not have always seen eye to eye with her but, she was always there when I needed someone to talk with. Her passing was very unexpected and I am still trying to wrap my head around it. I know they say with time it gets easier but, it doesn't feel that easy right now. But, I agree with you're post, and you and you're family have my Prayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X