Africa is calling again... Cape Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa is calling again... Cape Buffalo

After 4 trips to the dark continent where I harvested countless plains game and and even a lioness, I am getting the itch to go back for a Buffalo hunt.

I have hunted many places in the world and for me there is not a more fun place to hunt than Africa. I know most of you that have hunted there would agree.

Who has hunted Cape Buffalo in Africa? Where did you hunt?

I hear Tanzania is the best place for big buffalo.

Thoughts/advice from those who have been?

Thanks

My brother and I hunted north west South Africa on the Botswana border with Coenrad Vermaak Safaris. Their Kalahari concession is amazing. 250,000 acres. Lots of game and some great buff!!! Tell Scruff Lance Odom sent you.
    Last edited by lanceodom; 09-07-2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
      Thanks for the link. I saw that this morning after his initial post. When I saw only a picture of the elephant I didn't read the story. Glad you brought it back to my attention. Looks like it will be a lot of great info.

Comment

If I were gonna hunt Cape buff, I would go with Ken Moody. After seeing the ones his clients killed this year………

Comment

I have hunted buffalo in Mozambique, Zimbabwe (3x) and South Africa (2x). If you want to call or pm me you can. Each location is so very different yet still exciting.

My number is 713-412-2057
          Jeremy Rieger

Comment

The PH I used in Zambia just got a 1 mil acre concession with tons of great buff. My hunt was old school adventure including a hippo encounter that got too real. Hippo attacked the boat and I almost lost my hunting partner and friend. I would do it again in a heart beat but I wouldn’t float that river. PM me if you want my PH details.

During the hunt we stalked everything on foot except my blue duiker, which I hunted in an ambush spot after stalking failed. At one point we have an entire heard of Buffalo less than 10 yards away. We walked in the steps of lion and got false charged by an elephant. Encountered a black mamba during a buff stalk… all in 10 days. It was crazy.
            Last edited by Kevin; 09-07-2021, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                The PH I used in Zambia just got a 1 mil acre concession with tons of great buff. My hunt was old school adventure including a hippo encounter that got too real. Hippo attacked the boat and I almost lost my hunting partner and friend. I would do it again in a heart beat but I wouldn’t float that river. PM me if you want my PH details.

During the hunt we stalked everything on foot except my blue duiker, which I hunted in an ambush spot after stalking failed. At one point we have an entire heard of Buffalo less than 10 yards away. We walked in the steps of lion and got false charged by an elephant. Encountered a black mamba during a buff stalk… all in 10 days. It was crazy.
                I am not sure I want that real of an experience.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                  I have hunted buffalo in Mozambique, Zimbabwe (3x) and South Africa (2x). If you want to call or pm me you can. Each location is so very different yet still exciting.

My number is 713-412-2057
                  Jeremy Rieger
                  Thanks Jeremy, I will give you a call within the next few days.

Comment

And you’re never going back, right ? ……..Right !

Comment

You know what is funny? You were probably safer during all those experiences than you were while in Johannesburg near the airport. That is the part that scares me most about going back. That place is almost as lawless as Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        And you’re never going back, right ? ……..Right !
                        Hah! Just waiting for these kids to get a bit older! (1 yr and 4 yr)

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                          You know what is funny? You were probably safer during all those experiences than you were while in Johannesburg near the airport. That is the part that scares me most about going back. That place is almost as lawless as Mexico.
                          I managed to avoid JBurg flying into Lusaka from Hong Kong via Dubai (was already there for work). My PH was annoyed because the flight was late and he wanted to get out of Lusaka before the sun went down.

Oh did I mention I accidentally left a magazine of 22s (from my guides gun) in my bino case and I didn’t have a gun permit since I was using the guides guns? Lusaka Airport security didn’t think it was funny. That was scary too!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X