No announcement yet.

Yuengling Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When ever we would have softball games east of Indiana we would bring it back for us and our friends

Comment

Well alright

Comment

Ok, I gotta ask, what's it similar to? I'm a Shiner guy and know alot of folks that are really excited this stuff is coming to Texas.

Comment

I was stuck in Tremont, Pennsylvania for a month, just down the road a bit from Pottsville, where the original brewery is. You could go in and drink as well as take the tour. Spent a lot of time there because there wasn’t much else to do in that area. It’s just beer. I really don’t see why people go so crazy over it. A lot of it is hype just from hearing others talk about it. I’d take an ice cold Shiner original over one any day of the week.
          Last edited by Trevor73402; 08-24-2021, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by teamron View Post
            Ok, I gotta ask, what's it similar to? I'm a Shiner guy and know alot of folks that are really excited this stuff is coming to Texas.
            I have described it as I a "mild" shiner... To me, it's a similar tasting beer but where shiner has a bit of an after taste that in my opinion gets a bit harsh when shiner isn't cold. Yuengling seems to taste very similar without that after taste. Take this with a grain of salt as I am no beer expert.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
              I kind of agree…it’s pretty good but nothing that special. I think it’s basically all about the hype of it being hard to get in Texas. They are spending a ton of advertising $$ though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              No doubt.

I remember when I was growing up in San Antonio, you couldn’t buy Coors in or around Bexar county. The big thing back then was to buy as many cases as you could afford when traveling outside of the area. Dad would give me money to pick up several cases when ever I went to the lease in Utopia. I was 16 at the time. Lol!
              These days Coors just ain’t that big a deal but boy, back then it sure was. Greener grass.

Comment

Wife picked up 2 cases at Specs yesterday. Had to ask for it

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                  Gonna go against the grain here and say it... overrated beer in my opinion
                  I'm with you on that, nothing special about it to me.

Comment

Cactus Liquor in Llano is supposed to be carrying it.

Comment

I saw two varieties of it being stocked at Kroger’s in Ft Worth yesterday.

Comment

My favorite is Yuengling Premium. They only sell it in PA

Comment

Always liked drinking it on trips where it was served and glad it made it to Texas. That said, it has a lot of solid competition down here to contend with. I'd rather drink local than a Yankee beer but there is room for all at the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            I have described it as I a "mild" shiner... To me, it's a similar tasting beer but where shiner has a bit of an after taste that in my opinion gets a bit harsh when shiner isn't cold. Yuengling seems to taste very similar without that after taste. Take this with a grain of salt as I am no beer expert.
                            This. It has a Shiner-esque taste, but is lighter. It isn't worth hoarding, but it is a good beer. Just another option for the beer fridge/deer camp/Saturday night/whatever you are doing while drinking a beer.

Comment

We drank the sheet out of the light when we finally got it in Indiana

Comment

Just had 6 of their Flight beers. Not much too them but trying to watch the calories/carbs. Ill Try the light lager next to see if it's any better.

Comment

Working...
                                X