Thread about church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread about church

This ISN’T about bashing or saying one religion is better than another. What it is about is just an observation. I was invited to a church that believes you can’t get into Heaven without being baptized in their presence. They are so focused on baptizing that they’ll stop the church service to hurry and dunk people. Ok, so that’s their beliefs and I didn’t go there to judge or anything else. What is bothersome is how they are so forceful about it and will pressure kids unaccompanied by parents. I don’t like that at all. That’s something that should be done only with the parents being present and not forcing a kid. The entire congregation will put pressure on newcomers and act like their church is the gate to Heaven. There shouldn’t be this forcefulness going on at all. In my opinion, that’s one way to cause people to not want anything to do with that church. That’s the first church I’ve been to like that and needless to say, I won’t be going back to that one.

What Church?

Comment

It’s an Apostolic in another state.

Comment

Yeah, that is wrong and focused more on an action than on Jesus. As baptism is not a requirement for salvation, simply ask the guy next to Jesus on the cross, he didn't have an opportunity to be baptized. Sounds like a church that is focused on works and not on the gospel. Much less forcing people to do it in "their presence", that's self riteous. I also don't agree with forcing kids to do that without their parents present, that is something that should be shared with family as a celebration not a requirement.

Not going back there would be wise...

Also, it's not judgement to call out a church for their bull****. Call it like you see it if it doesn't align with the gospel.

Comment

If the snakes bite you, you're going to He11!

Comment

I'm more concerned on why Earl Campbell's Hot Links only have 5 links per package.

Everything should be in even quantities.

Comment

Pretty normal from all that I've seen.
              Some think it requires 2 works of grace, some think you gotta speak in tongues, some baptism, some think communion is a requirement, etc..etc..
              These things are the downfall of religion imo.
              The Bible can be interpreted any way imaginable, and is.

Comment

Yeah that why (in my opinion) all the new big non-denomination churches are popping up everywhere... and doing quite well. Pulling in all the younger family's that are a little more open minded.

Comment

Sounds more like a cult than a church.

Comment

Baptism debate aside.... can't be baptized outside their presence. Say what? They will baptize a kid in a hurry without their parents present. Hard to fathom short of parents giving permission or something.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Christ View Post
                      Yeah, that is wrong and focused more on an action than on Jesus. As baptism is not a requirement for salvation, simply ask the guy next to Jesus on the cross, he didn't have an opportunity to be baptized. Sounds like a church that is focused on works and not on the gospel. Much less forcing people to do it in "their presence", that's self riteous. I also don't agree with forcing kids to do that without their parents present, that is something that should be shared with family as a celebration not a requirement.

Not going back there would be wise...

Also, it's not judgement to call out a church for their bull****. Call it like you see it if it doesn't align with the gospel.
                      He wasn't baptised because the Testator was still alive. His instructions that he left to his disciples were followed precisely. Peter even answered the question as to what a person must do to be saved. Acts 2:38

Think of if like this. As long as I am alive, I can give instructions as to what is to be done in realtime. The second I pass away, my will takes over as to what must be done.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Sounds more like a cult than a church.
                        Yep!

Comment

Valid observation. I don’t see a question so I’ll just post and acknowledge the observation.

Comment

There is nothing new under the sun. Jesus healed a blind man with his words and another with spit and mud. They probably went off and started 2 different churches which vehemently opposed each other. lol Ahhh, the fallen fleshly man that we are.
                            John the "baptist" said "I baptize you with water for repentance but One is coming that will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire!

Comment

Sounds like there a little over zealous.There are no records of children or spiritual uneducated people getting baptized in the Bible.Jesus was around 30 when he was baptized.Baptism is a public expression of a personal dedication to God,you can dunk or pour all the water you want on some one and if the spiritual understanding or dedication is not there all you have is a wet person.I applaud spiritual zeal but let’s do things by the BOOK I mean it does give examples and instructions for us to follow.Acording to 1Corinthians 7:14 minor children are covered by the spiritual stand of their parents until they are old enough to be accountable for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X